• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

310 RL - Is the MORyde independent suspension worth doing?

GWGibbs

I very recently purchased a 310 RL (two weeks ago). We are full-timers and do a lot of traveling. As most already know, the roads out there can be brutal and they took a toll on our previous 5th wheel. I want to make this one last and am wondering if the cost of retrofitting to the MORyde independent suspension system is worth it. We would have to travel to Elkhart, IN to get this done so there is that cost as well. Then there is the decision whether to spend the $2K+ to upgrade to disc brakes as well. Hoping some Allies have some experience at this.

kmac7800

We currently have a 310RL, and if we were full timing in it, we would definitely spend the $ for the IS and the disc brakes upgrades. No doubt in my mind.

Not sure if this helps you or not.

Good luck and have fun!

//KMac

Mazboy

it really gets down to money. do you have the money? we have always gotten the I/S on our trailers. And one thing to remember is that it does not add much value (if any) should you sell your trailer down the road.

GWGibbs

it really gets down to money. do you have the money? we have always gotten the I/S on our trailers. And one thing to remember is that it does not add much value (if any) should you sell your trailer down the road.
Money is always a factor but I am hoping this is my last RV and that it will last me until I can no longer do this full-time travel thing so resale is not really somehing I am worried about. I am 70 so hoping that won't be until I am 80 but you never know. I just want the RV to last and not get beaten up like my previous one that I only had for 5 years. Probably could have gotten another couple years but there was separation happening between the outer wall on the door side of the RV and the inner aluminum frame that I think came from the rough roads.