• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Stock Lippert PinBox on 2022 340RL replacement

Whiplash62

Would like to change my standard Lippert Roto Flex pinbox to lippert Flex Air Pinbox has anyone done this and if so what part number do i need, there is two too pic from. or has anyone changed to something else.

Last edited:

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
We are also considering changing our pin box (340RL), but I was thinking of moving to the Morryde Rubber Pin box. Wondering why you are going with the Flex Air. I pulled a 45' RV from Iowa to Oregon with the Morryde pin box and it was amazing.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-17 135256.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-02-17 135256.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 8

DWKX31

I had the Morryde box on my previous 5th and took it off . Still didn't tow enough to discide which one I'm going to sell.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I had the Morryde box on my previous 5th and took it off . Still didn't tow enough to discide which one I'm going to sell.
You took it off to keep it (when you sold it) or you took it off and replaced it with something else?

Trent Mills

So far we have been happy with the stock pinbox. We haven't noticed a lot of jacking or a rough ride. We did get Morryde Independant Suspension within 4,000 miles of buying the rig. At the moment, I don't see an advantage to changing it.
Eventually we may go to the Morryde polymer one for a little more travel in the different axis.
Ram 2019 3500 SRW 4x4, Paradigm 340RL 2022

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
We have the roto flex and only towed for an hour when we picked up our 340rl so I can decide which one I like most or put on the Morryde on and sell one.
We are getting our 340RL just before the rally, so love to hear back from you on which way you finally decide on. :)

DWKX31

We are getting our 340RL just before the rally, so love to hear back from you on which way you finally decide on. :)
I'm going to get sumos for the trailer also wayward wags put them on. When I picked up my 340RL had 30 # out of my airbags on the truck. When I hitch up for the first time my truck didn't go down at all next time out I will scale it.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to get sumos for the trailer also wayward wags put them on. When I picked up my 340RL had 30 # out of my airbags on the truck. When I hitch up for the first time my truck didn't go down at all next time out I will scale it.
This will be our 5th RV and this time we are going to try IS (with 8k axle, H rated tires & disc brakes) from MORryde. Looking forward to this upgrade for sure. :)

DWKX31

This will be our 5th RV and this time we are going to try IS (with 8k axle, H rated tires & disc brakes) from MORryde. Looking forward to this upgrade for sure. :)
Yep nice. Call Dexter axle and see if you need a module for your truck to compatible to your brake control. Idid and I got it at etrailor . Mine came with Copper tires 17.5.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Yep nice. Call Dexter axle and see if you need a module for your truck to compatible to your brake control. Idid and I got it at etrailor . Mine came with Copper tires 17.5.
My plan is to have this done by Alliance or MORryde. I would have to check, but I think/hope a 2022 F-450 would be compatible.

DWKX31

My really didn't know about it but dexter said ford and gm trucks might have a problem I don't know year or and other thing but that's what Dexter Axle said. Good luck.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
My really didn't know about it but dexter said ford and gm trucks might have a problem I don't know year or and other thing but that's what Dexter Axle said. Good luck.
Ok, I will make sure my truck is compatible. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hotrodjohn

Two on the road

Jim
I’m looking to replace my pin box with a Geny system . I haven’t picked up my trailer yet but I wanted to order it now so I can have it installed at the same time. On the 340rl do they use a standard 1126 leopard pin box bracket or a Rino frame?

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jim
I’m looking to replace my pin box with a Geny system . I haven’t picked up my trailer yet but I wanted to order it now so I can have it installed at the same time. On the 340rl do they use a standard 1126 leopard pin box bracket or a Rino frame?
Sorry, I am just as new to this as you are. We are picking up ours in the middle of May and then heading to the Rally. The Gen-Y looks nice...love to hear your feedback. We are replacing factory king pin with a MorRyde Rubber Pin Box when we arrive at the Rally.