• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Stock Lippert PinBox on 2022 340RL replacement

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone know how long the dull 12v batteries that come with my new 340rl last to power the Norco refrigerator only.
Did you upgrade to the Super Solar package? If not, it will be up to your dealer to install a battery and you can only guess that will be a low quality battery. I'd swap out for 200 amp hours of Lithium. We will have 810 amp hours of Battle Born batteries (3x270) in ours with 2000w of solar on the roof. We boondock most of the time, so we need this type of a setup.

Two on the road

The unit came with the standard system. If I was to leave the unit unplugged for a day or two are the existing two batteries, how long would they last powering only the 12 V Norco refrigerator

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
The unit came with the standard system. If I was to leave the unit unplugged for a day or two are the existing two batteries, how long would they last powering only the 12 V Norco refrigerator
Note...I do NOT have my 340RL yet...this is all a speculation from me at this point

From what I have found, the frig will pull 12amps during the day and 11amps at night. That is ~276amp per day. Now…lets say it only runs ½ the time…so ~138 amps a day. Using my 3x270amp hour Battle Born batteries, that would give me ~6 days of run time on the frig if the RV was in storage (and nothing else in the RV used DC power)
1680649202109.png
This does not take into account any power that will be added back from the factory solar.

Finally... your stock batteries are most likely not Lithium, so you can only get about 50% of stated amp hours from them. If you want to learn more about battery technology and why non lithium batteries are only able to use 50% of stated amp hours you can watch this video I did about 5 years ago....it is ~20 mins.

DWKX31

We are getting our 340RL just before the rally, so love to hear back from you on which way you finally decide on. :)
Put the morryde on. Took off the roto flex pin box. And sumos on the trailer . That roto flex doesn't work well for all 5th wheel hitches. My hitch moves front and back, and side by side. Morryde has 3inchs of movement and 1.5 inches of side movement. This is the best towing I ever had with a 5th wheel. Had 5th wheel trailers since 2008.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Put the morryde on. Took off the roto flex pin box. And sumos on the trailer . That roto flex doesn't work well for all 5th wheel hitches. My hitch moves front and back, and side by side. Morryde has 3inchs of movement and 1.5 inches of side movement. This is the best towing I ever had with a 5th wheel. Had 5th wheel trailers since 2008.
We have arranged to have the MorRyde RPB installed at the Rally. :)

Two on the road

We have just changed out our Roto flex to a GENY hitch on a 340 RL. The biggest problem we have is the 340 RL sits a lot lower on the nose so the GENY hitch makes the trailer sit too high in the front and too low in the rear. We have lowered the BW companion hitch as low as possible, and raise the hitch on the trailer all the way to the top of the rhino box.
Has anyone had a similar problem.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
We have just changed out our Roto flex to a GENY hitch on a 340 RL. The biggest problem we have is the 340 RL sits a lot lower on the nose so the GENY hitch makes the trailer sit too high in the front and too low in the rear. We have lowered the BW companion hitch as low as possible, and raise the hitch on the trailer all the way to the top of the rhino box.
Has anyone had a similar problem.
Did you buy and install yourself? What did Gen-Y say about the issue?

Gleninaz

I just towed a 340RL from Oregon to Phoenix with my 2015 GMC 3500 SRW. I have the Pullrite Superglide 4400 and the trailer tracked perfectly and no sway at all.

Bennis

Did you buy and install yourself? What did Gen-Y say about the issue?
Are you talking about the Gen-y gooseneck hitch? I currently have a autoslide hitch and was thinking about changing to a gooseneck. If you are how do you like the hitch. I will be towing with a short bed truck but I’m concerned about clearance when turning tight. I have a 2023 340rl.

Two on the road

I changed out my Roto flex to a Geny on my 2023 340RL and I have shot bed one ton Chevy. But however I also have B&W slider. I use the slider all the time when make any tight corners. I learned the hard way after replacing my back window. “NOT CHEAP “

Bennis

Your gen-y is a 5th wheel pin box or a gooseneck pin box? I didn’t know B&W made a slider for a gooseneck. Thanks

Two on the road

We have a standard pin box unit and a gooseneck will not work on a standard size pickup bed unless you have off set gooseneck adapter and Geny will not guarantee their unit if you use one, so I’ve been told.