• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Rear wall movement damage to skirt metal

RockingRK

Putting this under "Frame" as I cannot find a better match.

Has anyone experienced this situation as shown in the attached pictures? No, I did not hit anything, this is from something inside pushing out through the skin. I have submitted to customer service.

Attachments

• Right rear sidewall - 1.jpg
    Right rear sidewall - 1.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Right rear sidewall - 2.jpg
    Right rear sidewall - 2.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Right rear sidewall - 3.jpg
    Right rear sidewall - 3.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Right rear sidewall - 4.jpg
    Right rear sidewall - 4.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 50

Leo

Hello,
I have a similar problem on back left panel on a 340RL.
Panel has just pushed out. Have not hit anything. Panel pushed out while driving.

Attachments

• 65991E27-2A18-4B15-93BC-4DC0E5FEC65D.jpeg
    65991E27-2A18-4B15-93BC-4DC0E5FEC65D.jpeg
    406.3 KB · Views: 27
  • AB5BB8F5-BCB6-4DD5-8452-77160C15F3B6.jpeg
    AB5BB8F5-BCB6-4DD5-8452-77160C15F3B6.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 26

RockingRK

Suggest you contact customer service. This is a known problem and should be covered under warranty. Alliance working to repair mine.

Leo

Are both of yours the 340RL’s? We just ordered one!
Mine is a 340RL. I would check with Alliance to determine if they have modified new builds to fix this problem.
We have had our unit since Feb 22 and problem only surfaced after warranty was out as this is not considered a "frame" issue and covered under 3 year Frame warranty. Alliance service sent me an instruction on how to fix the problem. Parts were not expensive (128.00), but may require a shop call to get fixed, so probably $1000 total after all is said and done!

The Fowler's

We have a 2022 390 MP. Discovered it today after a trip from WY to CO. I've had too many issues with our Paradigm to be super happy with it. This was our first RV. Is this common throughout the industry? Also, the cover underneath it is coming of at the rear trailing wires behind us. I tried tacking it back up with self tapping screws and washers but that hasn't solved it.

Attachments

• PXL_20220821_234224875.jpg
    PXL_20220821_234224875.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20220821_234201930.jpg
    PXL_20220821_234201930.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 15

RockingRK

Submit this to Alliance for warranty repair. They paid to fix ours. The fix also solves the underbody problem at the rear. We had that same issue as a result of the floor shifting. This appears to be common to any Paradigm with a rear couch. An Alliance design issue that is not across the entire industry (my opinion). Because of inadequate fasteners at the rear under the couch, the entire floor is allowed to shift which causes the damage. I have attached the repair process that Alliance provided to me. Repair done by mobile tech (found a great one here in Pensacola, that's him in the "after" picture finishing up the repair). Alliance will provide the skirting, the other parts can be obtained at a local hardware store. Also attached is a before and after picture.

Attachments

• Rear Wall-Floor Repair Process.pdf
    645.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Right rear sidewall - 1.jpg
    Right rear sidewall - 1.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Right rear sidewall - 2.jpg
    Right rear sidewall - 2.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Right rear sidewall - After repair.jpg
    Right rear sidewall - After repair.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Mike S.

Hi,
I have a 2021 340RL that has a damaged skirt at the rear, drivers side. This occurred 1 month ago while driving down the highway, I have not hit anything. My 1 year manufacturers warranty has expired, but my dealer is going to try and fight with Alliance to get this repaired. My concern is that unless an improvement has been made, this will happen again after being repaired.2984BD7A-D037-4F69-B4C4-19E42E6F5FE3.jpeg

dhcolesj

I hope this works out with Alliance.

This is beginning to sound like something that should be a recall. This could do a lot of damage and is definitely a manufacturing defect.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

The Fowler's

The problem is the self tapping screws holding the wall on are backing out.

Here are the instructions they sent me.

Attachments

• Rear Wall-Floor Repair Process.pdf
    658.1 KB · Views: 83

RockingRK

This should be covered under the 3 year structural warranty. Definitely a structure problem. Poor design and I agree this should be a recall. The fix is very robust and, when completed according to the instructions, should be a permanent fix. Should have been addressed at the factory.

Leo

My 340RL had same problem and since it was over one year Alliance refused to honor under warranty.
I ordered a piece of skirt material (128.00 for skirt and 180.00 freight) and received instructions on how to repair wall behind couch. Alliance sent me instructions.
Put larger screws in wall and went between screws with rivets.
It had also torn the underbelly material at back so repaired with tape and added a 1” by 1/8x8ft piece of aluminum to seal.
I spent all one day, but quote from Rv shop was over 1000.00 just for labor.

I am very disappointed in Alliance not honoring the 3 year structural warranty for this issue as it is definitely part of structure that failed.
I guess there words are cheap when it come to warranty.

PS. All screws in wall behind couch had come out wall and we’re laying behind couch, so check by unscrewing couch from floor and check wall fasteners

PepperandOtis

We have the exact same problem. While we don’t want anyone to have any problem we are very grateful to this forum and all the people who post because it makes us feel better that it is an alliance issue and not an us issue. Sad that they aren’t covering it for us. We are going to give our repair guys the pdf & send the bill/receipt in & see what happens- maybe if it is enough of us someone will listen. We had the leaning fridge problem too. We appreciate this forum!

DanNJanice

This is so sad. Clearly this is an alliance manufacturing defect. This should be covered with a recall. If the back end of your car started to fall off because Ford couldn't screw the thing together correctly, you can bet there be a recall instantly. Followed by a whole bunch of lawsuits.
You shouldn't have to find this accidentally after your warranty expires.