• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Burnt Solar Wires / Wire Nuts - Solar Plus

CornCrib

Wonder what the "new connector" being installed is? When I gave mine a gentle tug to see if there was some slack I could utilize, the wire just pulled right out. Connection must not have been tight at all. Just ended up abandoning the roof gland.

dwcfish

They are utilizing a butt style connector for the recall. Interestingly they are not applying the recall to the Avenue rigs, even though the early ones were built in the Paradigm plant. I just did the same thing you did and abandon this connector and ran new wires.

rgeyer

Now I’m worried about the solar prewire in my 32rls.The cable up on the roof gland is 10 awg but transitions to 8 awg in the front compartment.I sure hope the didn’t use wire nuts for the splices!I guess I will be pulling wires.
You can remove the light by the door to access the wirenutted wires at the roof gland. I did mine in the spring after someone posted about their wire burning up.

rgeyer

Wonder what the "new connector" being installed is? When I gave mine a gentle tug to see if there was some slack I could utilize, the wire just pulled right out. Connection must not have been tight at all. Just ended up abandoning the roof gland.
They're using butt connectors

DanNJanice

You can remove the light by the door to access the wirenutted wires at the roof gland. I did mine in the spring after someone posted about their wire burning up.
What light is by the door or are you referring to the control panel by the door?

Mike in North Wales

I think he means the light in the ceiling. I know in my Paradigm i can see the bottom of the roof gland by removing the 2nd ceiling light from the door.

dwcfish

Personally the reason I opted for a new wire down the chase is that I now have a run to the fuse before the solar controller from the panels with no connections in between. Using the supplied run you have the connection in the roof and a second connection in the front compartment before you get to the fuse before the solar controller.

Ben

How modern is the battery charger in our 33RKS mfg. date 07/22? Will it properly charge 2 100 amp gel AGM batteries?

rglow314

This is a question to Jim Beletti- My 41V15 fell under the recall for solar port connections. I have asked for repair process 2 times from Alliance(if you want names I can give them to you) with the comment from Alliance we provide this to your technician. I believe the tailer is mine and I believe the repair process should be provided to me. WHATS UP- ITS A SECRET!!!!

BryanValRox

Hi rglow314,
You can find this information directly on the NTHSA website under Alliance RVRecall.
Here is the repair information link for the Solar connection recall.
I have suggest that this forum start a dedicated thread under the recall heading to alert their owners, but so far Jim hasn’t taken me up on my idea. I consider this owner empowerment, which is an advertised core value of the company.
Best regards,

rglow314

Thank you- photo #4 is the only one Alliance would share stating thats what final repair would look like. They forgot the last photo showing it being taped after crimping. I think they should have used shrink tube instead of tape. Problem I have is everyone at Alliance thinks this repair is a secret.