• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Window Valance and shades

Dwayne

I have a 2022 paradigm 3910 RL.
It has the dark out shades. Has anyone tried to add the day shades or do they have to be purchased with the dark out shades.
Also does anyone know how to remove the valance?

bhidalgo

Dwayne -
We have the same shades and I've wondered the same thing about day shades. Just have not looked into it, yet.

The valances are held up by 2 brackets on both ends, between the shades and the wall. We had to replace our shade over the table a few months back. DO NOT over-torque when you put the screws back in. You'll end up having to put in different sized screws... Hope this helps - Bill.

rgeyer

Not sure about the day shades. To take off the valances you'll need a long screwdriver or extension on drill. There are angle brackets that you'll have take a screw out of from underneath. Once out the valance pulls out. It might be a good idea to put molleys in the wall for the brackets. I made a quick video of what I did when mine fell down.

Grassjohn

MCD will work with you, I suggest you reach out to them directly and discuss what you want to do. ps: Use a manual screwdriver.

bhidalgo

UPDATE: Spoke directly to MCD at the Tampa RV show and there is no retrofit option to add day shades. We got a pricing sheet from them and the price it not too bad. We have decided to replace the three big shades in the kitchen/living room area in our 310RL first. Will see how it goes with just those and go from there for the rest. In the end we are going to replace them all out slowly. Incidentally, you have to completely replace the shade with a double-shade which seems to fit the valance from what we can tell. Also, the new Alliance rigs we looked at in Tampa now come with the dark/day shades this year! Hope this helps...Bill

rgeyer

Bill, keep us up-to-date on the install and what difference it makes. Was thinking about doing the same thing

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I live an hour from MCD here in Texas and recently had them change out most of my Night Only shades to Day/Night shades. My Paradigm 340RL build is from July 2021. I can confirm that the wood valances we used at that time, while tight (front to back), will fit the stacked day/night shade assembly.