• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Which hitch to purchase?

svanarts

That's good to know. Thank you. I have a Ram 3500CCSB with the factory 5th wheel prep. I don't think the BW product will work but luckily Gen Y makes a 5" offset ball that does work with the Ram factory puck system.

svanarts

I use the goosebox in my F350CCSB without issue. I do use a 4” offset gooseball from B&W. I’m a big fan of the combo.
Forgot to ask, I have not been able to see an Alliance IRL yet. Does the front cap have a radius that is amenable to clearing the cab. I.e. the sides of the cap are slanted back enough to at least help missing the cab?

Turfengineer

Forgot to ask, I have not been able to see an Alliance IRL yet. Does the front cap have a radius that is amenable to clearing the cab. I.e. the sides of the cap are slanted back enough to at least help missing the cab?
I’ll have to get better pictures, but the one below was from the first time I hooked up. This sitting at about 80 degrees, but I could have pushed it further. Even with my 4” offset ball, I think I could get the nose to clear the cab. I am taking it to the Alliance factory in 10 days, I will try to provide a better pic then. I’ll need to get on the roof in order to get a better perspective.

Attachments

• IMG_1324.jpeg
    IMG_1324.jpeg
    494.2 KB · Views: 7

svanarts

That's awesome, thank you! Like I said, I can't get my travel trailer to turn 90 degrees. I can't imagine a scenario that I would realistically be in that would force me to turn 90 degrees. Especially with the 290MK.

Mike in North Wales

Something to keep in mind about the PullRite Superglide- you must be within 10° of straight to connect/disconnect. If you are not, the hitch has started to slide and will not release by driving forward. To get around this if you get in that situation, you need to remove the pins that attach the hitch head to the base and lift it up, out of the base. I had to do this at the Elkhart Fairgrounds for the rally. It's quite simple, actually.

This next comment is not meant to start a controversy, as I have friends on here with this setup. Please take time to think about the Anderson. It is not approved by most manufacturers of frames. There isn't much metal. The geometry is there in the triangles, but there's something about it that isn't accepted by frame manufacturers. I have a friend with SOB 5th wheel that was told by the RV manufacturer that his warranty was void because he was using it. What saved him was the dealer recommended the hitch and installed it. The RV manufacturer paid for a new hitch and installation to replace the Anderson.

The Curt Crosswing has caught my attention.