• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Water pump running but no flow

Ghostfish

Hello friends
We bought the delta in January and our camping this weekend with it. We filled the fresh water tank and put the drain plug and filter in the water heater and turned on the water pump. It keeps running and no water in the lines ( turned on faucets….nothing)
We tried the bypass and the pump pulls water that way what are we missing?
Thanks

***UPDATE***
So it turns out the Delta uses a different service panel than their 5th wheels. It turns out that there was some poor labeling of switches and the manual actually has the wrong information. I’m going to look into where to send that.
Anyway, the panel has a lever that says “City fill” and “Tank fill”. The lever has to be moved to TF to fill the tank. Makes sense. The manual says to use water from the tank put the lever at TF. After spending last night and this morning trying to troubleshoot we went back to the dealer and managed to get them to take a look. Turns out that lever needs to be moved back to “City fill” to pull water from the tank. I might have tried that if the manual had specifically said put it on Tank fill. So now the water is flowing now. Now to plug the leaks. 😥

Last edited:

Grassjohn

Not exactly, I set everything to run off the fresh water tank, and then just flip the blue lever (on a Paradigm) back and forth a couple times, started the flow. “Your results may vary”. It’s not a scientific procedure.

Ghostfish

Not exactly, I set everything to run off the fresh water tank, and then just flip the blue lever (on a Paradigm) back and forth a couple times, started the flow. “Your results may vary”. It’s not a scientific procedure.
Thanks for the suggestions. Turns out the fill lever needs to be on City fill to pull from the tank. Who would’ve thunk!

Letsgocamp

I’ve had to “bump” the water panel valves with en pump running to start the flow, sorta like priming the pump.
Literally just had to do the same thing. Bought my new unit a month ago just decided to dewinterize. Couldn’t get prime and read your reply and tried it and it worked. Thanks for the info

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hello friends
We bought the delta in January and our camping this weekend with it. We filled the fresh water tank and put the drain plug and filter in the water heater and turned on the water pump. It keeps running and no water in the lines ( turned on faucets….nothing)
We tried the bypass and the pump pulls water that way what are we missing?
Thanks

***UPDATE***
So it turns out the Delta uses a different service panel than their 5th wheels. It turns out that there was some poor labeling of switches and the manual actually has the wrong information. I’m going to look into where to send that.
Anyway, the panel has a lever that says “City fill” and “Tank fill”. The lever has to be moved to TF to fill the tank. Makes sense. The manual says to use water from the tank put the lever at TF. After spending last night and this morning trying to troubleshoot we went back to the dealer and managed to get them to take a look. Turns out that lever needs to be moved back to “City fill” to pull water from the tank. I might have tried that if the manual had specifically said put it on Tank fill. So now the water is flowing now. Now to plug the leaks. 😥

Hi @Ghostfish - Sorry to hear you have some leaks and ran into some wrong info in the manual for how to use waster in your fresh water tank. I can tell you where to send that wrong info. Consider it reported and thank you for it.

I wrote the Delta manual with input from the factory on the Alliance produced systems. Note that I didn't have my Delta at the time the manual was written and published. But now I do and I camped in it this weekend for the first time. I didn't put any water in the tank, so no experience drawing from the tank. This week, I plan to test my Delta to see if I have the same issue as you with the Water selector. If I have the same result as you, I will check in with the factory to see if they can audit some Deltas at the plant to verify how this is supposed to work.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 7.46.06 PM.png

Ghostfish

@Jim Beletti we just wanted to make sure the information got out to the right people. We are very confident that once we get some of the issues corrected we are going to love our Delta. I’m glad we found this forum and site to be able to share and learn. If we can help with any questions we are happy too.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@Jim Beletti we just wanted to make sure the information got out to the right people. We are very confident that once we get some of the issues corrected we are going to love our Delta. I’m glad we found this forum and site to be able to share and learn. If we can help with any questions we are happy too.
Good morning. I haven't passed this along just yet. Been raining here in TX so I haven't got to my coach to see is mine is like yours.