• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Water leak - overhang

MikeLindaTarach

Just picked up our 30RLS after a month in storage. When I was raising the front end to hook up, water started dripping from under the rubber seal. If I pushed up on the underbelly, it would force more water out. Can’t find any damage and have never seen this before when hooking up even after heavy rains while camping.
Any thoughts?leak.jpg

CornCrib

I’d follow that black trim around to the side and see if there is any spot where caulking is needed. Could be getting in far from that location.

MikeLindaTarach

Followed the trim up as far as I could and can't find a spot where caulking is missing/needed. Had to take the trailer to the dealer for a fridge issue so asked them to check the seal where the front cap meets the roof while they have it in for service. Advised that any caulking that may be needed is not covered under warranty (bought the trailer new in Mar). Apparently, warranty doesn't cover caulk beyond 90 days. @Jim Beletti - is that true?

Fiddler85

Had the same issue with my 2023 30RLS. Found the section of sealant had completely pulled way from the rubber. Luckily I had a good stretch of sunny warm days. had to pull the black rubber off the bottom, removed the aluminum T track that it “clicks” in, removed the old sealant, cleaned the area, and let the bottom air out for a few days, replaced the factory screws with stainless screws, cleaned the aluminum T track. Once everything was dry. I put a little sealant on the screws and reinstalled everything and resealed everything. So far (fingers crossed) it working.

Finding that when I dump my black tank and gray tanks it’s a great time to inspect sealant everywhere. For context I’m full timing in a RV park with sewer hook ups at my lot I dump about once a week ish plus or minus a days or or two.

Bozo

Followed the trim up as far as I could and can't find a spot where caulking is missing/needed. Had to take the trailer to the dealer for a fridge issue so asked them to check the seal where the front cap meets the roof while they have it in for service. Advised that any caulking that may be needed is not covered under warranty (bought the trailer new in Mar). Apparently, warranty doesn't cover caulk beyond 90 days. @Jim Beletti - is that true?
I would be having a serious discussion with that dealer. 1 year bumper to bumper warranty means just that. I have had to explain this to auto dealer service writers. Consumer reviews are a big deal and the better dealers strive for customer satisfaction. If they are willing to take a bad review over a $10 tube of caulk….i would be finding a new shop to do my work.