• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

WALKING ON THE ROOF

Mazboy

drones? going up on the roof before each trip? These are new rigs, relax and enjoy the trailer. maybe once a year go up there to look at what is going on but nothing more.

Wayne W.

If you have slide-outs, I would think that going up on the roof to sweep them off would be a necessity. We just ended a couple of weeks stay in a beautiful little RV Park that had a canopy of huge old elm trees. Several days the wind really kicked up and knocked a bunch of small twigs and branches onto our roof and slide-outs. I cannot imagine what that wood would do to the slide-out seals had I just closed the slides without sweeping the tops of them!

HCL

So, it was established that the weight limit is 250lbs for the ladder and roof but is there a minimum temperature I should not be up there sweeping or blowing snow with leaf blower and is there a snow load maximum depth.
Reason I ask is I live in Alaska and cannot find any information on minimum temperatures and when it snows that new layer of snow will turn into concrete if not removed within a day or so.
I own a Valor but posted here assuming all the roof material would be the same.
Thanks

HCL

Nobody from Alliance would answer me on the minimum temperature for the roof material and walking on it so I contacted the dealer and they researched it for me.
The PVC roof membrane is flexible to -55F but I am staying off of it when it is in the teens or below just to be safe.