• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

WALKING ON THE ROOF

So I always get on the roof to blow the debris off before we depart and my says it sounds REALLY BAD inside the coach.Like she thinks I’m coming through the roof.Anyone else climbing on the roof this much?Am I OK or does it need to be limited access?

darrell

Actually if you get one of the larger drones, it might have enough lift / downflow to clear leaves for you lol.

Wayne W.

The roof is designed to be walkable for the purposes of cleaning as you are doing. There will be flex in the roof as you walk on it and that would be normal to see.
What is the weight limit for the roof and the ladder? Anybody have ideas on cleaning the slide tops without getting on the roof?

Bill Martin

VP, Customer Experience
Staff member
What is the weight limit for the roof and the ladder? Anybody have ideas on cleaning the slide tops without getting on the roof?
The ladders have a 250lb weight limit. A ladder and soft bristle brush/broom can help with getting the slide tops cleaned off.

Wayne W.

The ladders have a 250lb weight limit. A ladder and soft bristle brush/broom can help with getting the slide tops cleaned off.
Unfortunately, most available ladders have the same problem with weight and only go to about 330lbs unless one is willing to pay an OUTRAGEOUS amount for a 350lb ladder. I think I've got the problem solved however; we've purchased a leaf blower and gutter cleaning attachment.

Shelly S

Bill Martin or Jim,
Do either of you know what the weight limit is for being on the roof of a valor or one of these other folk’s campers?
Thanks.
I have a need to get on my roof but i weigh in over 250 but under 300.

Bill Martin

VP, Customer Experience
Staff member
Bill Martin or Jim,
Do either of you know what the weight limit is for being on the roof of a valor or one of these other folk’s campers?
Thanks.
I have a need to get on my roof but i weigh in over 250 but under 300.
The weight rating of the roof ladder is 250 lbs so that would be the limiting factor.

Whitewolf

But what if you used a different ladder to get onto the roof?
I would say to tread lightly. 😅 There are 'roof rafters' which are quite solid. Just be careful where you walk. Seriously, if you're unsure, if possible, get someone else to get up there for you.