• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

TV/IRV App Sound?

Took my new Delta 252RL out for a shake down 3 night camp trip, and could not find a decent way to play the tv audio? The ceiling mounted speaker sounds great, but can it play audio for the tv? If so I could not find how to do it... There is no sound bar to the tv set-up, surely we can play the audio through the ceiling speaker or the iRV audio app? Is anyone mirroring there phone or iPad on the tv? I could not find a way to do this either...Anyone out there having the same problem or has a tip or trick?

Thanks

daemonic3

Press the gear button on the remote to get to settings, then pick the gear icon in the top right. There should be an option called "remotes and accessories" or something like that. Say add accessory and it will scan and find the iRV speaker, if the speaker isn't currently paired to something.

If your phone can't even find "iRV" in the list of available BT devices, then your speaker likely isn't getting power. Check the fuse labeled "speaker" in the panel first. If the LED is red, the fuse is either blown or seated loosely (as was my case). If you pull out the fuse and reseat it, you should hear a startup tone from the speaker. If you don't hear a tone, the fuse behind the speaker grille is blown. Pry the grille off and pull out the speaker to replace the fuse.

I just leave the TV paired to the iRV by default, it's much cleaner than the TV speakers. I use it at night instead of my soundbar+sub.

Thank you so much for the info. My speaker is getting power. I can play music through my phone to the speaker, and I can get fireplace sound effects when using the fireplace remote through iRV and the speaker. I just could not find a way to get the tv to play through the speaker... I will try your process next time I go camping, thank you so much:)

Lol, what I mean is when I adjust the temp on the fireplace I get an electronic beep through my overhead speaker any time I hit the temp button or when I turn the fireplace on or off. I thought it was weird too...

Bozo

Lol, what I mean is when I adjust the temp on the fireplace I get an electronic beep through my overhead speaker any time I hit the temp button or when I turn the fireplace on or off. I thought it was weird too...
My fireplace remote turns on the stereo as well.

daemonic3

That is so strange... The fireplace is line of sight IR remote, which should have nothing to do with bluetooth...

Bozo

That is so strange... The fireplace is line of sight IR remote, which should have nothing to do with bluetooth...
True about blue tooth, but I think that stereo unit is ir as well. All
I really know is, it has happened a number of times.

Press the gear button on the remote to get to settings, then pick the gear icon in the top right. There should be an option called "remotes and accessories" or something like that. Say add accessory and it will scan and find the iRV speaker, if the speaker isn't currently paired to something.

If your phone can't even find "iRV" in the list of available BT devices, then your speaker likely isn't getting power. Check the fuse labeled "speaker" in the panel first. If the LED is red, the fuse is either blown or seated loosely (as was my case). If you pull out the fuse and reseat it, you should hear a startup tone from the speaker. If you don't hear a tone, the fuse behind the speaker grille is blown. Pry the grille off and pull out the speaker to replace the fuse.

I just leave the TV paired to the iRV by default, it's much cleaner than the TV speakers. I use it at night instead of my soundbar+sub.
I was finally able to apply your instructions to get audio on the IRV speaker from the TV, and it worked great... The only problem now it has a delay in the audio so the lip sync is off :(

daemonic3

Do you mean a delay because you are using a 2nd set of speakers at the same time as the iRV? I am using a soundbar from the optical output, and tried using the iRV at the same time, and there was a delay that sounded like an echo.

There is a setting for audio delay somewhere, so I played with it, I think it varies from 0 to 200ms. Try playing with that! I used it to make it sound PERFECT for one source, I think maybe Netflix. Then we changed source and once it started a new stream, the delay between optical and BT was DIFFERENT. Basically, every time you change source the delay might be different, so I said screw that and will only use soundbar OR iRV, but not both together.
Your problem may be different but try finding that setting under audio settings or something (I don't have my trailer handy and can't remember where I found it)

Do you mean a delay because you are using a 2nd set of speakers at the same time as the iRV? I am using a soundbar from the optical output, and tried using the iRV at the same time, and there was a delay that sounded like an echo.

There is a setting for audio delay somewhere, so I played with it, I think it varies from 0 to 200ms. Try playing with that! I used it to make it sound PERFECT for one source, I think maybe Netflix. Then we changed source and once it started a new stream, the delay between optical and BT was DIFFERENT. Basically, every time you change source the delay might be different, so I said screw that and will only use soundbar OR iRV, but not both together.
Your problem may be different but try finding that setting under audio settings or something (I don't have my trailer handy and can't remember where I found it)
What I meant with the audio delay is that it seems delayed by a millisecond to throw off the lip sync with what ever is playing on tv with the IRV speaker. I just purchased a sound bar, and will install that directly into the tv because I am tired of playing with terrible sound in the rig. The system Alliance has chosen is one of the worst to work with. The tv speaker is awfulI, and I can't even mirror my phone or iPad with the "smart" tv. I am about to rip out everything and replace it with my own system... Sorry for the rant, just very frustrated with one of the worst audio systems put in an RV!

Last edited: