• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Starting to Wonder About Alliance Quality...

rvdude

Member
I know that there are NO perfect rv's, even with the super expensive trailers and motorhomes. But everything I had heard about Alliance quality before I purchased one doesn't seem to be that they are any better than the rest of them. This trailer was purchased July 21, 2026 (252RL) I love the trailer layout and will be glad to get all the kinks worked out. My list...
1. Backsplash is very loose and has a large pocket of air behind it (I've seen several posts about this on the forum). It was this way at the dealer when looking.
2. Both bed struts came loose from the 1/4" plywood and the 1/4" little squares ripped off of the plywood. (I've seen several posts about this on the forum).
3. Electrical problems--had a bad main breaker. It has been replaced. The breakers were mislabeled in the breaker box. That has been done. The converter trips periodically. There is no inverter but the 2 inverter breakers have to be off or the main breaker will trip as well as my 50 amp supply.
4. On the 2nd trip, the shade under the TV came loose. I had to fix that last week while I was out with the trailer.
5. On the 2nd trip, the bedroom sliding door came loose at one end. (I've seen many posts about this on the forum).
6. On the 2nd trip, the microwave door will not open. It has only been used once. (I've seen many posts about this on the forum). I know that Alliance does not make the microwave, but maybe with all the problems they should use a different vendor to supply them.
7. The cable tv (for the rv park cable) does not work.
All of this on a 2 month old trailer that has only been out on 2 fairly short trips. I sure hope it will get better. I have 2 trips planned in October, 1 in November, and 2 in December... if it's not in the shop all this time.
 

Bozo

Prominent Member
I know that there are NO perfect rv's, even with the super expensive trailers and motorhomes. But everything I had heard about Alliance quality before I purchased one doesn't seem to be that they are any better than the rest of them. This trailer was purchased July 21, 2026 (252RL) I love the trailer layout and will be glad to get all the kinks worked out. My list...
1. Backsplash is very loose and has a large pocket of air behind it (I've seen several posts about this on the forum). It was this way at the dealer when looking.
2. Both bed struts came loose from the 1/4" plywood and the 1/4" little squares ripped off of the plywood. (I've seen several posts about this on the forum).
3. Electrical problems--had a bad main breaker. It has been replaced. The breakers were mislabeled in the breaker box. That has been done. The converter trips periodically. There is no inverter but the 2 inverter breakers have to be off or the main breaker will trip as well as my 50 amp supply.
4. On the 2nd trip, the shade under the TV came loose. I had to fix that last week while I was out with the trailer.
5. On the 2nd trip, the bedroom sliding door came loose at one end. (I've seen many posts about this on the forum).
6. On the 2nd trip, the microwave door will not open. It has only been used once. (I've seen many posts about this on the forum). I know that Alliance does not make the microwave, but maybe with all the problems they should use a different vendor to supply them.
7. The cable tv (for the rv park cable) does not work.
All of this on a 2 month old trailer that has only been out on 2 fairly short trips. I sure hope it will get better. I have 2 trips planned in October, 1 in November, and 2 in December... if it's not in the shop all this time.
Unfortunately, as is the nature of the rv industry, it generally doesn’t get better. Once again, my advice is to buy used. If you are doing an in depth pdi anyway, you will be $$$$$’ s ahead.
 

Ox262

Active member
Yeah, Alliance quality is no better than any other manufacturer. The only difference is that Alliance is easier to work with when their stuff breaks...and something will. You have to be your own repair person. Otherwise, your new RV will be stuck in dealership limbo while they slow-walk the repair.

And not to take away the importance of a quality PDI, but an extensive PDI will not catch every flaw. All RVs will have small problems on the second, or fourth, or sixth trip that no PDI will discover. For example, my Delta pantry drawer support broke on the first trip as well as the magnets that hold them in. The SAT connection wire had a improperly terminated connector, didn't work. One low-point valve broke when I winterized it. Bedroom thermostat was poorly wired and woke me up at 2am on our third trip flashing an error message. And don't get me started on the problems with my FR MiniLite that had 6 major issues no PDI would have caught.

Having vented about that, you have to be your own repair person and expect to fix small issues with any RV. Alliance support has been very good with my Delta issues.
 

rvdude

Member
Yes the PDI was done at the dealer. Everything was fine bringing it home (4 hours) and the first trip out (4 days). This trip was about 6 hours away and 8 days. Anyway, I bought it from 4 hours away due to being $5000 less than anywhere near me. However, I can say that my local dealer (who I didn't buy from) has worked on it 3 times the week before my trip last week and I got it back the same day each time. And when the backsplash parts arrive, they will be replacing it, repairing the bedroom door, the microwave door, and whatever the problem is with the converter breaker tripping without leaving it there forever. And I agree that Alliance does take care of things. So even with all of the issues, they and the local dealer are taking care of me. I know there are problems with ALL rv's, it is just a little disappointing when there are so many issues so quick. But I do love the trailer and will be glad when all the kinks get worked out. Overall I'm happy, just had to vent. I do have a local mobile repairman that I've used in the past and he is really good and very reasonable on his prices.
 
Top