• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Solar/Inverter/Battery Build Thread - Delta 262RB

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hi Trent - offer accepted to chat at length about power and RVing :)

With regard to my inverter sizing choice - this was experienced based.

In my last travel trailer of the same size, I had the same size inverter and inverted L1 only. Within reason and of course not all at the same time, we could run the main (15K) AC, microwave, induction cooktop, coffee maker, hair dryer etc.

With the Delta, my ACs are smaller (13.5k) and they’re the Power Saver (PS) line from Coleman.

Then with the 2x120 inverter, it will bond L1 and L2 when not on shore power or when I’m on single phase shore or gen power. Now, that leg bonding doesn’t give me more power but it gives me the flexibility to say, run the bedroom AC instead of the living room AC.

It’s gonna be a cool little system.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I picked most of my gear. Wow - that Quattro II 2x120 3000 VA is a heavy beast! I will fit in the space I planned for it but I may end up rotating it 90 degrees. We shall see.
Why Quattro over Multiplus? I know the main difference is Quattro allows 2x AC input lines, but you don't have a built in generator, so there must be another feature you want/need that I am not aware of.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Why Quattro over Multiplus? I know the main difference is Quattro allows 2x AC input lines, but you don't have a built in generator, so there must be another feature you want/need that I am not aware of.
Great question Jim.

I have a Curt Cargo Carrier in the rear receiver hitch of the RV. My plan is to bolt down a small dual fuel inverter style generator, run it off the RV propane system and wire it into AC input 2 of the Quattro.

The benefit of this being the built-in Auto Transfer Switch (ATS) of the Quattro. This means I won’t need to find space and wire in a standalone ATS. Remember, space in the pass-through storage bay is limited.