• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Replacing pass through door (video)

rgeyer

Eventually magnets. I want to get the slam latch figured out first. My goal is one key and I keep hitting roadblocks lol

rgeyer

Alliance parts
ITEM #23969

DESCRIPTION Door - Baggage - DRLUG08DBLNST - Split - 48 x 30 - Ally Grey - (Keyed Alike)

LuckyDog23

Rich, I watched your video on YouTube. I showed it to my husband who is one of those people who hits his head on any available object. Genius solution, hopefully doesn’t cost a fortune. Got my fingers crossed it can be ordered with the rig. I’m using same dealership as Tyers On The Road (John) and plan to meet with them later this week.

rgeyer

I know it's standard on the 2024 Avenue not sure about other models. To get it after market it's about $340+. The good thing is, Alliance is listening so I see more models coming out with it. Tell the Tyers we said hey

LuckyDog23

Hmmmm. I would love to know what else the 2024 models will bring. Like a medicine chest with a door and knob. And some solution for the bath vanity interior.

Although we do have a lot of leftover white painted laminated luan from kitchen remodel that we used to cover the backside of the peninsula and some color matched L shaped corner which may be useful to make a box, like John did.

BTW we’ve never met the Tyers, but we might eventually. We are moving to the next town over to Roseville when their house is. I’ve watched all his videos and yours as well.

If you have an inside scoop on the changes for 24 I’m all ears. We can wait to buy. We are moving into a house that’s about 20 yrs old, and we need to replace the granite, the sink and figure out how to not hate golden oak cabinets. That will keep us busy for fall and we’ll still have our motorhome if we absolutely need to travel.

rgeyer

Hmmmm. I would love to know what else the 2024 models will bring. Like a medicine chest with a door and knob. And some solution for the bath vanity interior.

Although we do have a lot of leftover white painted laminated luan from kitchen remodel that we used to cover the backside of the peninsula and some color matched L shaped corner which may be useful to make a box, like John did.

BTW we’ve never met the Tyers, but we might eventually. We are moving to the next town over to Roseville when their house is. I’ve watched all his videos and yours as well.

If you have an inside scoop on the changes for 24 I’m all ears. We can wait to buy. We are moving into a house that’s about 20 yrs old, and we need to replace the granite, the sink and figure out how to not hate golden oak cabinets. That will keep us busy for fall and we’ll still have our motorhome if we absolutely need to travel.
I wanted to do a review of the 2024 32RLS when we were at the rally but I actually forgot to do it. There should some videos coming out. The biggest change is they added an option for a darker interior. Not a fan. Other then that, some little changes here and there. The biggest is the Nautilus side basement door. They went with a split door instead of the head banger. Alliance is really listening to the feedback.

Focker

More good folks moving the Sacramento region, welcome 😉

LuckyDog23

Totally off topic LOL But here goes.

My parents purchased a house in a 55+ community replete with HOA and Neighborhood watch. My mom was blind and my dad diagnosed with a rapid form of cancer and the lived in the Truckee area high above Donner Lake. Dad wanted a house at sea level near good hospitals like Sutter Roseville. Many of their friends got tired of snow, blowers, and bears so bought homes in the Dell Webb area northwest of Roseville. Since they already had friends in the area it made sense for my mom to have a support system since he had a few month to live. Fast forward 20 yrs, dad passed a week after they move and mom 15 yrs. Rather than sell, my brother and I decided to keep it, and he had use it until both he and my husband retired. That has occurred. We have a long term plan which is sell current house, buy rig, pay off brother’s half at current mkt value, and keep house 18 mos to get a second capital gains write off. We will spend winters in the area and spend a year traversing the states. I’m not adamant about leaving California but DH is. My family is here. He has none still living.

When mom got to the point of being unable to live alone we moved her into a board and care by RNs. I spent week days at the house, and came home weekends. So I got to know the area quite well, got lost a few times as well, and met her close neighbors. So we are moving to a place that we already know people. Win win I think. All I need is RV Storage. We are at this point waiting for the 2024 yr models to appear. I sure wish trailers were like cars. I’ve bought so far 5 Ford vehicles from Walnut Creek Ford, and they have assured me I can take our current vehicles to any Ford dealership in the country for service. I keep reading horror stories about dealerships but it looks like Folsom Lake RV is a good company and has a good relationship with Alliance. 🤞🏻

Focker

Well I can see how you took a heck of a winding road to end up here. I live very close to Folsom Lake RV, they were recently purchased by RV One that is on a whirlwind to buy independent dealers. I wouldn't be surprised if we cross paths at some point. One of my favorite places to camp when I want hook ups is Clio. If you haven't been there is a very nice and clean place. I enjoy dry camping as much as possible but sometimes hookups are nice.

LuckyDog23

We love Clio’s Rivers Edge! We’ve already crossed paths unknowingly LOL. There is a story to that, also. Short version: we went to Whitehawk to buy a lot. Camped in Clio. Needed milk or something or other went to Quincy. While in line in Safeway, the lights went off due to not-yet-named Dixie fire. That fire never got as far south as Clio but we have family in Chester on the peninsula of Almanor who were evacuated and ended up living in our Lincoln house for a month!

Just yesterday DH said it would be hard to park a trailer in that place. We saw someone get stuck on one of the hairpin turns. We may go back but will make reservations far enough in advance. We were in a 33ft class A. While we were there we went up to Gold Lake for a picnic.

Focker

Clio is a piece of cake to park and maneuver a big trailer, my Valor is 40 feet and I have a long bed RAM, you would be fine.

LuckyDog23

I wanted to do a review of the 2024 32RLS when we were at the rally but I actually forgot to do it. There should some videos coming out. The biggest change is they added an option for a darker interior. Not a fan. Other than that, some little changes here and there. The biggest is the Nautilus side basement door. They went with a split door instead of the head banger. Alliance is really listening to the feedback.
I talked to Brandon at Alliance yesterday. He said there were modifications to the speakers in the living room, maybe a sound bar. Outside speakers eliminated. The cabinetry color option you mentioned is called cashmere. Confirmed basement door. Should be rolling out the door late July! Yeah! We discussed a lot of my personal wishes and after he answered my questions we’ve decided to go with the paradigm 295MK. I need a bigger closet and more bath storage. Also the fold out sofa will be used nightly and the Paradigm pullout fireplace storage will be a better solution. The Avenue has no place to vertically mount the cordless Dyson we use in our Class A. I have to plug it in when we are on shore power to recharge it so I have a second battery. Options would be mount in dryer area of closet.

I don’t want a washer and dryer so ironically that means more closet space is necessary.

Also, Paradigm shipping now with Furrion side by side in 12V. Drat. I wanted a Frenchndoor. Brandon said cabinet size disparity makes getting the Norcold not doable.

LuckyDog23

Clio is a piece of cake to park and maneuver a big trailer, my Valor is 40 feet and I have a long bed RAM, you would be fine.
When are we going? Actually we are waiting for the 2024 models to start rolling out. I’ve seen a few sneak peaks other manufacturers models on YouTube so I’m looking for ‘my’ model to pop up.

Focker

When are we going? Actually we are waiting for the 2024 models to start rolling out. I’ve seen a few sneak peaks other manufacturers models on YouTube so I’m looking for ‘my’ model to pop up.
I will be up there for sure for Labor Day and looking at grabbing a weekend sometime in late September. I have a factory service trip scheduled in August so that is going to take about 2 weeks out of my normal camping schedule.

LuckyDog23

If there’s one thing you can count on its changes. Looks like our move to new house is sooner rather than later. We’d planned to move into my late parents’ home in Placer County, now it looks like we will be moving to Paradise and selling the other house as well as this one. So both are on the market and after we are moved in, we will have a huge open lot to park trailer on instead of storage. Paradise to Clio ain’t that bad a drive on 70 if you don’t mind the extremely depressing burn scar. We might not make it this year but I sure will make sure we stay in touch.