• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Rear wall movement damage to skirt metal

Guests on the Move

This is so sad. Clearly this is an alliance manufacturing defect. This should be covered with a recall. If the back end of your car started to fall off because Ford couldn't screw the thing together correctly, you can bet there be a recall instantly. Followed by a whole bunch of lawsuits.
You shouldn't have to find this accidentally after your warranty expires.
Known issue on early production models, 2021 and 2022. Has been talked about many many times. Alliance has a fix and is doing it for some time now. The original issue has been corrected during manufacturing and newer units have not had the issues. Contact Alliance at service@alliancerv.com with the last 6 of your vin.

JeffInDFW

I am here because my wife and I will be buying a fifth wheel within the next 3 months. I understand that problems will occur, but Alliance not covering ALL of these failures under warranty/recall is completely unacceptable. This is the very definition of "structural failure" due to an assembly problem on their end. It may not help, but I am going to send an email to whoever I can find at Alliance and let them know they have lost at least ME as a customer because of how they have treated all of you on this issue. I hate to admit this but.....I really dislike Grand Design. Their marketing just makes me ill. But I have to admit, as I've spent the last 6 months in all the forums I find that time and time again Grand Design will pay for repairs outside of warranty when it was the right thing to do. GD has their horror stories too, but nothing like this. I hate their use of Luan in the walls, but.....I do hope the best for all of you and my advice is to stop being nice. Get together and raise a stink.

Mike S.

My dealer is great. My 340RL was off the factory warranty, but they contacted Alliance and got the replacement parts. Then they sent a Technician to my house to do the repairs in my driveway. They added some structure to the rear of the coach and installed new panels on both sides. This was in May 2023, and all seems to be good so far. To top it off, no charge to me!!! I can't say enough about how good the after sales service is from my dealer. They have me as a customer for life.

basamatic

well I think alliance should recall all trailer with this problem even if your out of the 3 year structural warranty
in all alliance is sending me the parts to fix it. I called the local dealer near me to see if they can do the work on my 390mp and they told me they don't work on trailers they don't sell wow that is bullshit.

Guests on the Move

well I think alliance should recall all trailer with this problem even if your out of the 3 year structural warranty
in all alliance is sending me the parts to fix it. I called the local dealer near me to see if they can do the work on my 390mp and they told me they don't work on trailers they don't sell wow that is bullshit.
That reply from a dealer is normal in the current world. Dealers are independent businesses. They have no ties to any of the manufacturer. It is not like the auto industry where dealers are franchises of the manufacturer.

DanNJanice

I totally agree. This is just one of the many things about the RV industry that is broken.
1) Sending poor quality products to dealers expecting them to fix them before selling to customers.
2) Dealers NEVER preemptively fix anything, nor will they perform required preventive maintenance while the product sits on the lot. After all, they are little more than a consignment lot.
3) Expecting (or hoping they won't) owners to find issues before the warranty expires.

I will say that Alliance has been pretty receptive to having independents RV technicians perform warranty work, which is probably what I will do going forward.

Guests on the Move

I totally agree. This is just one of the many things about the RV industry that is broken.
1) Sending poor quality products to dealers expecting them to fix them before selling to customers.
2) Dealers NEVER preemptively fix anything, nor will they perform required preventive maintenance while the product sits on the lot. After all, they are little more than a consignment lot.
3) Expecting (or hoping they won't) owners to find issues before the warranty expires.

I will say that Alliance has been pretty receptive to having independents RV technicians perform warranty work, which is probably what I will do going forward.
Actually not a consignment lot, they actually purchase the unit and then resell to you.

Bozo

We have the exact same problem. While we don’t want anyone to have any problem we are very grateful to this forum and all the people who post because it makes us feel better that it is an alliance issue and not an us issue. Sad that they aren’t covering it for us. We are going to give our repair guys the pdf & send the bill/receipt in & see what happens- maybe if it is enough of us someone will listen. We had the leaning fridge problem too. We appreciate this forum!
Please tell us more about the leaning fridge.