• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Problems cropping up

Delta262

1. Front cap light fell off. 2. Shower door leaked all over the floor. 3. Seat shimmies and shakes; won’t recline. 4. Trim over slide falling off. 5. Didn’t come with its sink drain thingie. 6. Furrion fridge door doesn’t close right. 7. Have to slam entry door to close it; hard to open the lock. 8. Did find out our Tire Minder tpms sensors send tire data thru Tire Linc repeater to the T M display. 9. Rear camera tuns fine….just need to remember to turn off the switch on the wall panel. 10. Getting wifi somehow without the router installed. 11. Haven’t set up the Wally for TV as yet. But getting OTA TV.

Bozo

1. Front cap light fell off. 2. Shower door leaked all over the floor. 3. Seat shimmies and shakes; won’t recline. 4. Trim over slide falling off. 5. Didn’t come with its sink drain thingie. 6. Furrion fridge door doesn’t close right. 7. Have to slam entry door to close it; hard to open the lock. 8. Did find out our Tire Minder tpms sensors send tire data thru Tire Linc repeater to the T M display. 9. Rear camera tuns fine….just need to remember to turn off the switch on the wall panel. 10. Getting wifi somehow without the router installed. 11. Haven’t set up the Wally for TV as yet. But getting OTA TV.
Sorry to hear of your issues. I have my own list on my valor. Seems like Alliance may have a systemic quality control issue brewing.

bhidalgo

Repair issues were totally dealer-related in our case.

We had our entry door replaced 4x due to bent door frames. The issue was quality from the supplier. Alliance was quick to respond to issues. I spoke to Bill Martin personally about a few things to get issues resolved.

Suggestion - Follow up with Alliance Warranty a day or so after the Dealer says they have submitted a claim. We learned the hard way NOT to trust dealers - they sat on claims for weeks after they lied and said they were submitted. I do my own repairs now...I'm out of warranty anyhow but I no longer deal with dealers for repairs unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited:

Delta262

Dealers are a necessary hindrance all too often. We’ve had Keystones for many years….all from Camping World. CW is a pain in the third point Of contact, so we wanted to try a different marque. Everything we saw/heard was positive about Alliance, so we gave them a chance. Since we trade about every 4-5 years, it’s not a big deal in the long run. We’ll see how the dealer and Alliance work out over time. But it’s obvious their constant hype about designing from experience as campers is bravo sierra. Even tiny things like no place to hang towels; no porch light; no light over the instrument panel; zero outlets in the main compartment…..all insignificant, but important when combined. I’ll lay odds if you asked all their main people to go out and set up/break down their product….they couldn’t. Just draining tanks on our 262rb’s maiden voyage today was the worst campsite breakdown I’ve experienced on a TT. They didn’t even mark on/off on the water pump switch. Really? And both the 50 amp cover plate and ‘stinky-slinky hose’ storage tube cover plate broke! I’ve never seen one break before! Alliance fails in two major areas [maybe more]: Human Factors Engineering [HFE] and QC/QA.

At least you were able to drain your tanks. I have a black tank and a gray tank that I can't drain because the remote drain valve handles don't seem to be hooked up. I think they only build travel trailers on Mondays. The fit and finish is awful. The awning only wanted to retract using the inside switch and once it was started then the switch in the pass through worked. The cabinet above the bed is not aligned and has a large gap in it, only noticeable once laying on the bed. There is damage to the under dinette storage door from the fold down counter since the slide makes contact when closed. My slam latch on the non door side only latches if you lift the handle, kind of defeats the purpose of a slam latch. The lock for the outside kitchen area doesn't engage the trim panel so it doesn't secure the area. I agree that these are designed by people that don't camp. No towel racks in the bath and no locking door knob on the bath. I wish more than their logo lit up on the control panel. I really like the floor plan and the look of the trailer. Not that the floor plan is original to Alliance since there is only so many ways to arrange a BH. I do have a concern about the longevity of this trailer, especial for the cost. AND still no owners manual.

Bozo

My observations are the same as above. No light switches for main living area as you walk in door of valor. No light for instrument panel. No towel hooks, no privacy locks for bathroom and when sitting on the throne and the hall door is open, someone In the living area is looking back at you. Wife pointed that out, like who is the idiot behind that? I got a list of issues ready to call dealer. Some minor, some a little more in depth. I expected to Have to deal with the new trailer issues and we shall see how both the dealer and alliance do. Hoping for the best.

Delta262

You can buy the little locking thing on the crapper door; use one part on the frame inside. Voila! You can ensure privacy. Lowes and HD has them, but not in black. We’re taking ours in on Monday and leaving it for a while. Dealer says they’ll fix everything. I tested the two coax cables for satellite and cable; one read ‘open’. One read ’short’. They used Wagu wire connectors [as do I]. But I always use tape over them; some were not seated firmly. And the coax fittings were barely finger tight. I’ll lay odds there are nightmares inside those walls and cabinets. Bought a tap on/tap off battery light to mount over the instrument panel. I have a porch light on my 1946 Spartan Manor…but none on my 2021 Delta. Great thinkers at alliance. ‘Designed and built for campers, by campers’. Not a motto for Alliance; that’s why I attached tiny flashlights on our key chains. If you recall, RV Nerd was joyful about watching TV while taking a dump. My wife wasn’t impressed. We bought hand towel rings, towel hooks, and a shower caddy; putting screws in Azdel makes me worry. I also bought a large container of plastic wall anchors rather than screw directly in the walls. That Azdel is verrrry thin, with only foam inside. That light on the front cap: check to see how firmly yours is in place; there was zilch glue or double-sided tape inside its metal mounting channel. I used some weak tape to hold ours down, but it lasted a couple hundred miles at highway speeds….where Alliances work lasted 68 miles. Do they use Amish workers?

Delta262

We had our entry door replaced 4x due to bent door frames. The issue was quality from the supplier. Alliance was quick to respond to issues. I spoke to Bill Martin personally about a few things to get issues resolved.

Suggestion - Follow up with Alliance Warranty a day or so after the Dealer says they have submitted a claim. We learned the hard way NOT to trust dealers - they sat on claims for weeks after they lied and said they were submitted. I do my own repairs now...I'm out of warranty anyhow but I no longer deal with dealers for repairs unless absolutely necessary.
Thnx. I’ll drag up a chair and watch the dealer if need be. Trusting dealers is silly, but letting them off the hook to provide warranty service only allows them to get lazier. We try to be friendly, but call or deep by unannounced. Keeps them on their toes. That is what made Camping World ready to do the work. Crack a whip.

Delta262

At least you were able to drain your tanks. I have a black tank and a gray tank that I can't drain because the remote drain valve handles don't seem to be hooked up. I think they only build travel trailers on Mondays. The fit and finish is awful. The awning only wanted to retract using the inside switch and once it was started then the switch in the pass through worked. The cabinet above the bed is not aligned and has a large gap in it, only noticeable once laying on the bed. There is damage to the under dinette storage door from the fold down counter since the slide makes contact when closed. My slam latch on the non door side only latches if you lift the handle, kind of defeats the purpose of a slam latch. The lock for the outside kitchen area doesn't engage the trim panel so it doesn't secure the area. I agree that these are designed by people that don't camp. No towel racks in the bath and no locking door knob on the bath. I wish more than their logo lit up on the control panel. I really like the floor plan and the look of the trailer. Not that the floor plan is original to Alliance since there is only so many ways to arrange a BH. I do have a concern about the longevity of this trailer, especial for the cost. AND still no owners manual.
Sorry to hear about your trailer. I fear we’ve been skruued over. Should’ve listened and learned better from my Dad. He taught me to NEVER buy the first model year of any vehicle. Always followed his advice until now. { Smartest man I ever knew….especially for an Okie with a 3d grade education….and in my professional capacity for the government, I’ve known brilliant people.}. Our awning and slide controls work inside and out; a feature I really like! Our dinette door is to be replaced for the same reason; some schmuck peeled off the ‘pseudo wood paper’ and stained the substrate rather than replace the door. Again, no professional QA/QC at Alliance. All the hype by RV Nerd and others is just that: hype. I went to his Alliance reviews on youtube to post comments and challenge him for not revealing all. Suggest other owners do the same. If it’s any consolation, the owners of the expensive 5th wheels seem to have the same issues and complaints. The company will suffer longterm for not fielding a decent product. We have the first Delta in Missouri. We’re already advising folks to stay away.

I had to crawl under the trailer yesterday to look for a way to get to the black tank valve and found out the trail has lights at the stabilizer jack points that is activated by the external light switch. The dealer didn't even know that. I like the way it lights up the ground. I think Alliance got the cart out before the horse by not having an owners manual or a list of options and accessories.

Delta262

Yes, those lights constitute the ‘exterior light’. My wife saw the switch inside and looked for a light somewhere around the door, or a ‘scare light’ typically on the front cap. We finally made that connection on that first trip. She had been looking upwards, not under the trailer, but noticed the belly light when it got dark. She always tries to become as prepared as possible before something becomes an issue. Today, I connected our Dish Playmaker 2 directly to the Wally to ensure there was nothing wrong at that end of the digital TV lashup. Got satellites 110 and 119 at 50%+ strengths; the Dish USB WIFI dongle connected immediately; so we have internet via Dish. Only long pole in my tent is finding out which coax cable can be hooked up, going around the Weingard switches. The belly doesn’t have a free Black coax cable; the entertainment center has a white coax but no black; the Weingard plate area has three black coaxes, but no white [there are purple and orange] so I don’t know for sure how to get the digital signal from the Dish antenna to the Wally. Perhaps the White coax down below goes to the entertainment center, but there’s the issue of the bedroom and belly TV outlets. hmmmmm…part of the fun of trying “forensic camper discovery”. I realize it’s a relatively cheap trailer, but it is a puzzle wrapped in a conundrum as to why Alliance chose to treat its customers this way. Not to mention all of us dumping these headaches on our dealers. They know even less than we knoW.

Delta262

I had to crawl under the trailer yesterday to look for a way to get to the black tank valve and found out the trail has lights at the stabilizer jack points that is activated by the external light switch. The dealer didn't even know that. I like the way it lights up the ground. I think Alliance got the cart out before the horse by not having an owners manual or a list of options and accessories.
You gonna be a happy camper crawling around down there where some dumb schmuck accidentally dumped his black tank? Crappy plan.

Yes, crappy plan. Lucky for me I have my own dump at home. There are access panels but I am dreading cutting the underbelly. Dealer is taking their sweet time as I cancel the last few trips for the year.

Delta262

What is the issue? The dump handles are in a crappy place, but not covered by the underbelly. Are you looking at the wrong things? You do have a Delta, right??? If so, look at the slide. You will see three stickers. Black Tank, and two stating Gray Tank. With the slide in, you should be able to reach all three handles. If the slide is out, you just kneel down and reach towards the belly side. There will be three metal handles sticking out. Those are the dump handles. Would you like a photo? There’s no way those three handles can be under the underbelly material! I assume all the Delta models are the same.
did you have remote dump handles Installed??? If not, they are not covered by the underbelly. Unless you have a different Delta than our 262rb. Oh, wait….you must have a bunk house, and I didn’t look at them. The quick glance said yours and ours were essentially alike, however. Yes, there are “remote” handles you can have installed: mechanical (spring cable) and electric. But the stock handles likely are the same across Deltas. Bathroom and kitchen placement often impact that, but BH Deltas have rear baths with midcoach kitchens. At worst, since you have a BH, they might have split the grays with the black tank handle close to one of them. That would mean having to carry a “Y” fitting for sewer hoses. I’m taking our 262rb to the delayer tomorrow. He did have two BH models when we picked up ours. I‘ll check them out.

Attachments

• IMG_4892.jpeg
    IMG_4892.jpeg
    706.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4893.jpeg
    IMG_4893.jpeg
    489.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4894.jpeg
    IMG_4894.jpeg
    381.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4895.jpeg
    IMG_4895.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 17

Delta262

You obviously don’t have a Delta model if your warranty is out. So there is a systemic gasoline of head space and timing at Alliance. Ticks me off a company is this crappy.

What is the issue? The dump handles are in a crappy place, but not covered by the underbelly. Are you looking at the wrong things? You do have a Delta, right??? If so, look at the slide. You will see three stickers. Black Tank, and two stating Gray Tank. With the slide in, you should be able to reach all three handles. If the slide is out, you just kneel down and reach towards the belly side. There will be three metal handles sticking out. Those are the dump handles. Would you like a photo? There’s no way those three handles can be under the underbelly material! I assume all the Delta models are the same.

did you have remote dump handles Installed??? If not, they are not covered by the underbelly. Unless you have a different Delta than our 262rb. Oh, wait….you must have a bunk house, and I didn’t look at them. The quick glance said yours and ours were essentially alike, however. Yes, there are “remote” handles you can have installed: mechanical (spring cable) and electric. But the stock handles likely are the same across Deltas. Bathroom and kitchen placement often impact that, but BH Deltas have rear baths with midcoach kitchens. At worst, since you have a BH, they might have split the grays with the black tank handle close to one of them. That would mean having to carry a “Y” fitting for sewer hoses. I’m taking our 262rb to the delayer tomorrow. He did have two BH models when we picked up ours. I‘ll check them out.
On the BH the handles are in the same spot but there are two drain connections. One in front of the slide for the kitchen gray and one by the rear stabilizer jack for the black and bath gray. The rear two aren’t working. The actual valves are buried in the underbelly so they don’t freeze and are actuated by a cable attached to the tee handle and the actual sliding valve. I can’t see the actual valve to see if it moves when the tee handle is pulled. I was working on trying to dump it again and after pulling and pushing a couple times and pulling a little harder the handle extended further and started to dump. Definitely not as fast as the old trailer but she is empty. Wonder if maybe being new made the cable stick a little. If I wanted to hook up to the sewer and open all valves at the same time I would need a “Y” but I just dump at the end of the trip.

Last edited:

Delta262

On the BH the handles are in the same spot but there are two drain connections. One in front of the slide for the kitchen gray and one by the rear stabilizer jack for the black and bath gray. The rear two aren’t working. The actual valves are buried in the underbelly so they don’t freeze and are actuated by a cable attached to the tee handle and the actual sliding valve. I can’t see the actual valve to see if it moves when the tee handle is pulled. I was working on trying to dump it again and after pulling and pushing a couple times and pulling a little harder the handle extended further and started to dump. Definitely not as fast as the old trailer but she is empty. Wonder if maybe being new made the cable stick a little. If I wanted to hook up to the sewer and open all valves at the same time I would need a “Y” but I just dump at the end of the trip.
Our handles were tight…especially the black dump handle. I sprayed it with dry lubricant [don’t use something like WD40: it’ll gum up the handle and draw dirt into the valve]; then moved it repeatedly until it ‘loosened’ a bit. Still don’t slide easily; that’s why I got a dump of gray water thinking the valve was closed, but wasn‘t. Well, you never open all three valves at the same time, anyway! First the Black; then each Gray after closing the Black to clean out the stinky-slinky. For you, it’d be best to go with a Y: one hookup/one breakdown. yes, any new mechanism will be stiff at first, then loosen up; but I’ve never seen dump handles this tight! When we installed gray and black tanks in our 1946 Spartan Manor, we went with a Macerator; that’s the way to go! Ours can pump the sewage 150 feet away; 4-5’ higher than the tanks; empty the Black tank in 35 seconds and the Gray in just over a minute. All from a 1” garden hose: no more stinky-slinky. our Macerator is built in rather than the portable version you hook up every trip.

MNMMAC777

You can buy the little locking thing on the crapper door; use one part on the frame inside. Voila! You can ensure privacy. Lowes and HD has them, but not in black. We’re taking ours in on Monday and leaving it for a while. Dealer says they’ll fix everything. I tested the two coax cables for satellite and cable; one read ‘open’. One read ’short’. They used Wagu wire connectors [as do I]. But I always use tape over them; some were not seated firmly. And the coax fittings were barely finger tight. I’ll lay odds there are nightmares inside those walls and cabinets. Bought a tap on/tap off battery light to mount over the instrument panel. I have a porch light on my 1946 Spartan Manor…but none on my 2021 Delta. Great thinkers at alliance. ‘Designed and built for campers, by campers’. Not a motto for Alliance; that’s why I attached tiny flashlights on our key chains. If you recall, RV Nerd was joyful about watching TV while taking a dump. My wife wasn’t impressed. We bought hand towel rings, towel hooks, and a shower caddy; putting screws in Azdel makes me worry. I also bought a large container of plastic wall anchors rather than screw directly in the walls. That Azdel is verrrry thin, with only foam inside. That light on the front cap: check to see how firmly yours is in place; there was zilch glue or double-sided tape inside its metal mounting channel. I used some weak tape to hold ours down, but it lasted a couple hundred miles at highway speeds….where Alliances work lasted 68 miles. Do they use Amish workers?
My wife and I just pulled the trigger on one about 2 weeks ago. Your article is making me second guess my decision. You mentioned yours is a 2021? Hopefully the 2024’s are coming off the line in better condition? This is our first TT, hopefully I don’t live to regret it. They can’t even give me a ballpark delivery date. Needless to say I’ll be giving it a through PDI myself. Hope things get better for you. Thanks for the feedback. Safe travels

I really like a lot about our trailer. I guess my frustration stems from lack of attention to detail from Alliance. They now have an owner’s manual so that is helpful.

Just purchased a 281BH yesterday and taking delivery in a week. I’ve walked through a ton of RVs on dealer lots and this Alliance had the least issues I’ve ever seen. I pointed out two very minor things for the dealer to fix. It helped that I was the first customer to have walked into that unit. I’m not saying I won’t have issues in the future or notice stuff later but I wanted to post about my very positive experience so far. I noticed my unit has some slight changes from some of the early production models that I feel are an improvement. These things are hit and miss no matter who the manufacturer is. What matters to me is how they take care of the issue and the customer.