• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Only blowing vent is in the bathroom!

Keysandstops

My 340RL has a great furnace, but the only warm air comes out of the bathroom vent. The ones under the island and the one in the bedroom have next to nothing blowing. Any ideas for how to inspect and unclog the ducts? If I didn't have the fireplace, it'd be really cold in here. That's not right.

Help!

DanNJanice

Sadly, this is a common issue. I am amazed that Alliance has not fixed it yet. But then, their QC appears to be pretty low.
Here are a few links for your perusal :(

BryanValRox

My 340RL has a great furnace, but the only warm air comes out of the bathroom vent. The ones under the island and the one in the bedroom have next to nothing blowing. Any ideas for how to inspect and unclog the ducts? If I didn't have the fireplace, it'd be really cold in here. That's not right.

Help!
Hello folks, my guess is that in addition to the messy ductwork that you will fine in your basement, you will very likely find collapsed duct work under the floor leading to the island.
Remove the side island vents, place your cell phone on camera video mode and place it down into the duct work and pan it back and forth or snap a few still shots.
It seems like the there is no concept of using a specific length of screw when attaching the flooring or anything that is screwed down thru the floor.
Excess screw length will push down on the duct and collapse it.

Terri&KevinGates

I haven’t had the time or energy to rip the underbelly apart to get at the duct work but 2 things that helped in our 310. First was the back panel of the furnace wasn’t attached so it had about a 1 inch gap for the hot air to escape into the basement. Second one and i wish I had taken a before picture but the vent opening under the island was over half covered with foil tape. I think it could be better but we can at least feel hot air when we walk by the vents now.
IMG_1304.jpeg69066197782__A3614064-49D7-46A4-902B-334E531FCE47.fullsizerender.jpeg

Fishfnatic

I haven’t had the time or energy to rip the underbelly apart to get at the duct work but 2 things that helped in our 310. First was the back panel of the furnace wasn’t attached so it had about a 1 inch gap for the hot air to escape into the basement. Second one and i wish I had taken a before picture but the vent opening under the island was over half covered with foil tape. I think it could be better but we can at least feel hot air when we walk by the vents now.
View attachment 1780View attachment 1781
I looked under my island and it looks like half of opening is covered with foil too. Maybe supposed to be that way?

Terri&KevinGates

I looked under my island and it looks like half of opening is covered with foil too. Maybe supposed to be that way?
Not sure why it would be that way. You’re not supposed to restrict any of the vents or it could make the furnace shut down for over temp. I folded the extra tape down inside the vent.

treecatt

It may be intentional in order to balance air flow out through all the vents. If one path has very low resistance to air flow compared to the others it will rob air flow from the other paths.