• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Morryde Safe T Rail install

CornCrib

I'm going to install a Morryde Safe T Rail this weekend... pretty straight forward, but wondering what to do with the stickers (RVIA silver, Model sticker, etc). I'd like to not cover them up, remove them and move out of the way. I figure I could carefully use a heat gun to loosen them, but I'm guessing to reapply them, I'd need to use an adhesive. Any thoughts on what adhesive to use?

157AA7E1-4C9F-43DF-A19C-DF7BC5F1E96F_1_105_c.jpeg

Mike in North Wales

Looks good. I'm surprised you were able to salvage the decals.

I think I'm going to get a price for a new gold swoop graphic before I install ours. Our dealer was kind enough to place their giant 1/8" thick logo ON the Alliance graphic right where I need to mount the rail, so I can't remove the dealer logo without ruining the Alliance graphic (I tried....). The MorRyde people said they cut the dealer logo and remove part of it for the bracket, but I think that would look cheezy.

I need, like, 9" of graphic to do this right.

CornCrib

Bummer... my dealer sticker was 3D also ... but very rubberized ... like a giant gummy bear. Came off very easily once started. I rewarded them for their thoughtfulness by reapplying instead of ditching. I ended up not having to use heat to remove, or adhesive to reapply any of them. Got the lift off started carefully with a razor, then pulled off.

I ended up pulling off the Safe T Rail sticker off the bracket, as it was distorted anyway. Thought maybe it was there to protect the bracket from the magnet, but the magnet has a rubber cover ... so the sticker really served no purpose.

Mike in North Wales

Unfortunately mine started to peel the underlying graphic off, and stretched it. And, the back silver sticky part of the gummy bear separated from the clear front.

Live and learn!

castarod

Looks great and thanks for the tips on moving the decals. In your opinion howow sturdy is the rail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CornCrib

So far, more sturdy than the original Lend-A-Hand. I saw someone put a piece of reflective tape on the end to help avoid running into it. I'll wait to see if that's needed.