• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Loose cable slideout

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
i have 4 inch wide gorilla duct tape but I will get what you recommended hopefully wood not too rotten in that area. It could have been there for months. Sent picture to Alliance just so that they know.
Did you camp in a lot of raining weather? The postive here is the only time it was susceptable to rain/water were the times you were camping in the rain. It was safe and dry while stored on none camping days. Trying to find some postive news for ya :)

Fishfnatic

i have 4 inch wide gorilla duct tape but I will get what you recommended hopefully wood not too rotten in that area. It could have been there for months. Sent picture to Alliance just so that they know.
Talked to alliance. They said use proflex rv sealant

Fishfnatic

It has rained a few times since we have had it. It actually rained a little this morning. I am going to let it dry today then get proflex tomorrow. They said if I use tape it may not hold and peel up with slide going in and out. Then become sticky .

Fishfnatic

Well...they are the experts, but I wouldn't do that. I would pull the slide in and put a long strip of eternalbond, say 6" on either side of the hole.

LOL...it's called eternalbond for a reason. :cool:
Odd it is on top with the loose cable. I think they are related.

Fishfnatic

Looks like I will be in every forum before it is over. lol. Looks like my choice of 2024 was a mistake. Thought I was being clever avoiding 2022 2022 2023 model years😂

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Looks like I will be in every forum before it is over. lol. Looks like my choice of 2024 was a mistake. Thought I was being clever avoiding 2022 2022 2023 model years😂
Nah...you'll be fine once you get the hiccups out of the way. For referrence, my sister just bought a brand new 2024 Grand Design 310GK and we (well, really I found them using my PDI) found 10 issues during her PDI that took 3 days to fix. And when we got there (dealer called and said all were fixed) 3 were not.

Bozo

Nah...you'll be fine once you get the hiccups out of the way. For referrence, my sister just bought a brand new 2024 Grand Design 310GK and we (well, really I found them using my PDI) found 10 issues during her PDI that took 3 days to fix. And when we got there (dealer called and said all were fixed) 3 were not.
Hopefully, frame flex doesn’t bite them. I know it’s the internet and all, but seems there is a lot of complaints being levied against grand design over this.Eternabond is my choice as well.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hopefully, frame flex doesn’t bite them. I know it’s the internet and all, but seems there is a lot of complaints being levied against grand design over this.Eternabond is my choice as well.
Yea..they will keep an eye on that for sure.

Fishfnatic

Took to dealer. After adjusting cable still loose .They put eternabond tape on tear on slide roof. Told me to take it in when we have more time as we are on road. They broke closet door stopper in rail. They Busted screw stopper off which is poor engineering for closet doors. 🤬🤬😳