• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Loose cable slideout

Fishfnatic

the front top cable is sagging. It closes and opens evenly and seals from what I can tell. Have had camper not even 2 months and don’t think it should need to be adjusted this soon. It looks like I am going to be in every category of forum for problems.

Attachments

• IMG_1923.jpeg
    IMG_1923.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 6

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
As you can see in your picture, the bottom of the slide it out more than the top...I think (not 100% sure) this is by design. As soon as you start to bring the bedroom slide in the bottom will enage and then the top. That should tighten the top cable. Give it a try and see what happens. Is the other side the same?

1709829761620.png

Fishfnatic

The bottom of all my slides seem to bow out at bottom. I asked about them at dealer and other campers had same bowing at bottom. It might be angle I took picture.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
If you're handy, it seems like a fairly easy process to adjust them. Biggest hassle will be getting the trim board off.

BryanValRox

The bottom of all my slides seem to bow out at bottom. I asked about them at dealer and other campers had same bowing at bottom. It might be angle I took picture.
Hi everyone, the angle on the slide top to bottom is normal and expected I believe @Bill Martin did a Wednesday Short Video on this.
Regarding the loose cable, I have noticed this on our 310RL bedroom slide as well. The funny thing is it doesn’t seem to be consistent. One time we extend it it is tight and the next time it has a little sag, not sure what to think about that.

Fishfnatic

I ran it in a couple times and stayed same. Some slight cracking popping sounds when extending. But still goes in and out evenly for now

Fishfnatic

Saga continues. This is what I found on top of slide. More quality control🤬must have happened at factory

Attachments

• IMG_1939.jpeg
    IMG_1939.jpeg
    382.2 KB · Views: 15

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
How long have you owned this RV? Did you purchase it new? That is easily fixed with some Eternabond tape, but you need to figure out what caused this damage. Any chance a branch or something fell on it? Can you peak inside the flaps and see if something would be rubbing?

Fishfnatic

How long have you owned this RV? Did you purchase it new? That is easily fixed with some Eternabond tape, but you need to figure out what caused this damage. Any chance a branch or something fell on it? Can you peak inside the flaps and see if something would be rubbing?
Not even 2 months. No branch fell. I felt inside flap and could not feel anything. Maybe when they installed slide. I found it when feeling for cables with slide partway in

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Not even 2 months. No branch fell. I felt inside flap and could not feel anything. Maybe when they installed slide. I found it when feeling for cables with slide partway in
Do you have an endoscope or possibly know someone that has one? I had mine for ~5 years and use it about 1-3 times a year (not just for the RV) Using one, you could snake it into the slide and see if there is something in there, rubbing the slide out. I tend to think that is not the case, as you would see a longer gouge running longer along the corner of the slide.

Can you try to peak inside the slide area, with the slide fully closed?

Finally, the discoloration of the material is somewhat alarming. Not sure if it is the picture or what, but some of it looks off-blue in color..???

1709923957762.png

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
somehow missed that pre delivery. It must have been there from manufacturer date
Bummer...but an easy fix. Now...the price will shock you at $55...but IMHO having a roll of eternalbond tape in your RV is a must have. Ya never know when a low hanging branch could damage your roof. Having this sealer on hand will save the day...and your roof. :)

Last edited:

Fishfnatic

i have 4 inch wide gorilla duct tape but I will get what you recommended hopefully wood not too rotten in that area. It could have been there for months. Sent picture to Alliance just so that they know.