• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Lippert Leveling Panel Hatch Lock

TheRayQuelines

Didn't think this would be this difficult.

The teeth from my key for the auto level control panel cover/doo have broken off in the lock itself.

I have tried removing the lock to fish out the teeth but no luck.

So looking for a replacement lock or door assembly.

The lock assemblies I have found do not look as if they will work with the door since it is such a thin application.
I am ok with just replacing with a latch since everyone in the campground has the same key anyway. :ROFLMAO:

Any thoughts? Thanks!
RG

rgeyer

I just replaced that lock plus the other cam locks with Bauer locks. Next are the slam latches. When I'm done all locks will be the same key

HelotesAg

This is what we are replacing it with.
SCI Barb Cam Lock - Standard Cam Length

• Barb Cam length:
Standard Cam Length

Thanks for the link Trent - I was really hating the barb lock on that leveling door - the key was a PITA to insert... I just knew it wouldn't be long until it broke off in there. I ordered it with the same lock as what I already had on my bay/slam locks, so now I'm down to just 2 keys - the door and the Bauer key. Thanks again!!

rgeyer

Can i call a locksmith to replace those cam locks with bauer locks or dealership is the only option?
You can change out the cam locks yourself. You'll need a Phillips screwdriver and a 7/8 wrench or deepwell socket. You'll need a dealer with the Bauer blue key to change out the slam latches. If you're going to change the slam latche locks I would buy 4 extra leveling door locks. The dealer can take the locks out of those and install in the slam latches. Doing that will save you about $40 or so

Whitewolf

just replaced that lock plus the other cam locks with Bauer locks. Next are the slam latches. When I'm done all locks will be the same key
If you send your slam latches to Bauer, they will rekey them the same number as your other locks.

rgeyer

If you send your slam latches to Bauer, they will rekey them the same number as your other locks.
That was one option I was looking at but I found a dealer to do it for nothing. Ordered the locks from dealer but they could only get a set of 10 and they weren't the same number as the cam locks I got from Bauer. Ended up changing out the cylinders on the cam locks myself with the extra ones from dealer.