• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Keyless Locks for doors and cargo compartments

Has anyone installed keyless locks on the doors or cargo compartments? If so, what brand did you use and was installation easy? Are keyless cargo door locks worth the extra expense?

CornCrib

I've had an RVLock on the entry door for almost 2 years. Very nice .. so convenient that I'd say it's a requirement for us. However, I've had some issues with it. It will occasionally pop open (something is causing the lock to receive a retract command on the deadbolt) during travel. RVLock was very helpful, even after warranty expired... sending replacement circuit boards, but the issue has persisted. I recently got a different lock but have yet to install it. This one does not have fobs,, but we found we weren't using those anyway. Most people I talk with are very happy with their RVLocks and Bauer Locks.

We have not put keyless locks on the baggage doors ... the cost would outweigh the convenience for us.

I have an Mking RV Lock, it can be locked with a key, a 5 digit code entered on the key pad and a fob remote. I did have some trouble installing the unit because the door is made of glass and the hole was slightly too small. After using a file on the corners of the plastic lock I did manage to get the lock to fit. I do find it convenient to use the key pad to unlock the door and push and hold the lock button the lock. I don't find myself using the fob because its on my keychain with all my keys and I don't carry them unless I'm driving. Overall I like using it better than the key only lock. I've not used the cargo door latch but due to the cost of 3 doors I'll probably pass. A note to CornCrib I found my door was unlocked after traveling just like you experienced. There is a switch on the door lock to turn off the fob. Maybe if the fob is turned off the lock would not retract during travel. that just came to mind when I read your post and I haven't tried it, but it's just a thought.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
RVLock is our solution. Here is my video, when I installed our RVLock during the National Rally in May of 2023

CornCrib

I have an Mking RV Lock, it can be locked with a key, a 5 digit code entered on the key pad and a fob remote. I did have some trouble installing the unit because the door is made of glass and the hole was slightly too small. After using a file on the corners of the plastic lock I did manage to get the lock to fit. I do find it convenient to use the key pad to unlock the door and push and hold the lock button the lock. I don't find myself using the fob because its on my keychain with all my keys and I don't carry them unless I'm driving. Overall I like using it better than the key only lock. I've not used the cargo door latch but due to the cost of 3 doors I'll probably pass. A note to CornCrib I found my door was unlocked after traveling just like you experienced. There is a switch on the door lock to turn off the fob. Maybe if the fob is turned off the lock would not retract during travel. that just came to mind when I read your post and I haven't tried it, but it's just a thought.
Yep, good thought on the FOB switch. We went there also ... turning off the switch and going so far as to unprogram the FOBs and leaving them at home.... still happened. Just to be clear ... when the door opened, what we'd find is that the deadbolt had retracted into the body of the lock, as if the code had been put in to open the door. Also, in all fairness, RVLock was very good to work with, supporting me even after the warranty had expired. I've just run out of patience. I haven't found anyone else who is experiencing what I experienced.