• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Inverter issue. Hard reset at breaker resolved issue.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thanks @Jim Beletti! Our mobile tech is coming back out to check the A/C again (it's still tripping it's breaker) next week. He made mention of being aware of a recall on the power inlet used on some of the Alliances where there can be loose connections. He's aware of what happened with the inverter, so I'll let him keep running the issue(s) down. I have a service case open for the A/C issue with the team there at Alliance as well.
@Andrew - The power inlet item was "the potential" of a loose screw on one or more of the terminals holding the wires in on the backside of the power inlet. Your mobile should be able to look at this in just a few minutes time.

As for the inverter - my sense is this will need to be replaced. This can easily be done in the field by a mobile tech. Continue to work the matter with our team.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I have had this happen 2X to mine in the past year 2021 310RL) . Both times it reset ok with no issues. Is this normal or is there something I should be checking?
Thanks
@alforth - are you saying that when your Inverter is on, the sometimes, for reasons unknown, it shuts off and/or trips the breaker in the Inverter breaker panel? If yes, to me, it sounds like your Inverter may beed to be replaced. Your best bet here is to reach out to our Customer Experience team via email at service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, phone, last 6 digits of your VIN, an explanation of the issue and any relevant pictures.

alforth

@alforth - are you saying that when your Inverter is on, the sometimes, for reasons unknown, it shuts off and/or trips the breaker in the Inverter breaker panel? If yes, to me, it sounds like your Inverter may beed to be replaced. Your best bet here is to reach out to our Customer Experience team via email at service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, phone, last 6 digits of your VIN, an explanation of the issue and any relevant pictures.
Thanks .. I will contact them. When I reset the breaker it doesn't even seem to have tripped, so I turn it off and back on again and allseems ok. Have only had this happen 2X in the past year.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thanks .. I will contact them. When I reset the breaker it doesn't even seem to have tripped, so I turn it off and back on again and allseems ok. Have only had this happen 2X in the past year.
I had the exact same situation in my coach. I was told the inverter would have to be replaced. I ended up removing my factory inverter when I installed a large energy system.