• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

"Hassle Free Upgrades" - Not on my 390MP

RockingRK

"Wire Chase to Roof Access" is not installed on my unit. Discovered after purchase when dealer wanted $3000 to install satellite antenna on roof. I said there's a wire chase, they said not on mine. I have gone up there myself and the only penetrations that go to the storage bay are the black and grey tank vents. I've traced those two pipes to the tanks. Anyone else have that missing??

Also, the LED motion lights are not installed on the interior steps

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
There should be a black vent cap on the roof, usually closer to the front of the coach. That cap covers another 1-1/2" PVC pipe. That pipe is the wire chase. This chase usually terminates in the utility area near the water heater and furnace (could vary by floor plan).

As for LED motion lights on interior steps, I'm not familiar with that - sorry. I'd like you to send an email into our team at service@alliancerv.com to ask about the LED motion lights for the steps. Include the last 8 digits of your VIN, your phone number and a description of the situation. Thanks.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
@RockingRK - I spoke to Bill Martin about the LED motion lights for the interior steps. I learned that some early produced units did have this feature. This feature is no longer being used and hasn't been for the last 2 production years. As such, it's not a miss on your coach.

RockingRK

Roof - 062222.jpg
There should be a black vent cap on the roof, usually closer to the front of the coach. That cap covers another 1-1/2" PVC pipe. That pipe is the wire chase. This chase usually terminates in the utility area near the water heater and furnace (could vary by floor plan).

As for LED motion lights on interior steps, I'm not familiar with that - sorry. I'd like you to send an email into our team at service@alliancerv.com to ask about the LED motion lights for the steps. Include the last 8 digits of your VIN, your phone number and a description of the situation. Thanks.

The operative word here is "should". Please look at this photo and tell me where is the wire chase?? I have traced the two vents behind the front A/C unit. and they go to the black and grey tanks as noted. I would welcome a visit by an Alliance factory rep to show me.

RockingRK

@RockingRK - I spoke to Bill Martin about the LED motion lights for the interior steps. I learned that some early produced units did have this feature. This feature is no longer being used and hasn't been for the last 2 production years. As such, it's not a miss on your coach.
Well, the LED motion lights are still listed prominently in your marketing materials as being a "Customer Driven Feature". That said, not having them is not a problem for me. Just annoying that they are listed as a feature and not there. If they were an option, I would not have them installed.

Last edited:

Rvdoug

On my 310, the chase comes down into the "rats nest" on top of the water heater. On my coach it is the only black pipe with a black cap as seen from the roof

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Is there a wire chase coming down from the Solar Prep connection?
No, I don't think so. The wire chase is the 1-1/2" ABS pipe under the black roof vent cover. That said, based on the OP's findings, it could be that this chase may not have been consistently installed in all floor plans.

RockingRK

"Not consistently installed in all floor plans" would be hilarious except that was one of the reasons I bought a Paradigm. Never thought I would have to go through and confirm that all the 100 Customer Driven Features were actually installed.

bhidalgo

"Wire Chase to Roof Access" is not installed on my unit. Discovered after purchase when dealer wanted $3000 to install satellite antenna on roof. I said there's a wire chase, they said not on mine. I have gone up there myself and the only penetrations that go to the storage bay are the black and grey tank vents. I've traced those two pipes to the tanks. Anyone else have that missing??

Also, the LED motion lights are not installed on the interior steps

RockingRK
Back in April I posted the below info about a light we ended up buying off Amazon and installing in our 310RL
Has worked GREAT so far.
Puts out just enough light for us. Only drawback is that it is battery operated. But it does the trick.
I just checked online and they are still sold so give it a shot if you want - Can't hurt.

Hope this helps -- Bill

(This is not a compensated link - just passing on info is all.)

Fulcrum 20032-307 Path Light, 6 LED Lamp, 48 lumens, 100000 hr.
1657999806680.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JPRANLK
IMG_0756.jpeg

RockingRK

RockingRK
Back in April I posted the below info about a light we ended up buying off Amazon and installing in our 310RL
Has worked GREAT so far.
Puts out just enough light for us. Only drawback is that it is battery operated. But it does the trick.
I just checked online and they are still sold so give it a shot if you want - Can't hurt.

Hope this helps -- Bill

(This is not a compensated link - just passing on info is all.)

Fulcrum 20032-307 Path Light, 6 LED Lamp, 48 lumens, 100000 hr.
View attachment 535

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JPRANLK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
View attachment 534
Thanks for the info!