• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Front Cap loose

Ocheske

Noticed underneath my front cap near the pin box is loose and shaking quite a bit when going down the road. Is this normal? Is this something I can mitigate or a warranty issue.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Noticed underneath my front cap near the pin box is loose and shaking quite a bit when going down the road. Is this normal? Is this something I can mitigate or a warranty issue
@Ocheske - do you mean to say that the actual front cap is loose or the flat horizontal surface around the kingpin that goes back to the gen bay wall is shaking? If the latter, it could be normal, depending on how much movement you're seeing.

If it's truly the front cap that moves, that sounds like an issue that should be looked into. For that, I suggest you reach out to our Customer Experience team via email at service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, phone, last 6 of your VIN, a description of what you are seeing and when it occurs plus any relevant photos. Also, take a look at the vertical edges where the cap meets the side walls and look for broken, loose or missing sealant that may be evidence of cap movement.

Ocheske

@Ocheske - do you mean to say that the actual front cap is loose or the flat horizontal surface around the kingpin that goes back to the gen bay wall is shaking? If the latter, it could be normal, depending on how much movement you're seeing.

If it's truly the front cap that moves, that sounds like an issue that should be looked into. For that, I suggest you reach out to our Customer Experience team via email at service@alliancerv.com. Include your name, phone, last 6 of your VIN, a description of what you are seeing and when it occurs plus any relevant photos. Also, take a look at the vertical edges where the cap meets the side walls and look for broken, loose or missing sealant that may be evidence of cap movement.
-Jim it is the horizontal surface around the kingpin. I will send the video to service to see what they say. Thanks for the reply.

Noticed underneath my front cap near the pin box is loose and shaking quite a bit when going down the road. Is this normal? Is this something I can mitigate or a warranty issue.
I’m going to reach out this week about mine as well. Mine is loose from the pin out toward each edge. The the whole underside won’t keep a seal.

Ocheske

I’m going to reach out this week about mine as well. Mine is loose from the pin out toward each edge. The the whole underside won’t keep a seal.
This is the reply I received from Alliance "Thank you for reaching out to Alliance Rv. I have reviewed your email and video. I then went to production, and I found that all the Avenues have the same type of flex in that area. I believe that your trailer is a per the design and doesn’t require further attention at this time." Hope this helps...still seems like a lot of "flex" to me.