• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Front Cap Leak

TheTravelingBrowns

Hello,
I had the under belly wall of the front cap/hitch replaced due to damage in transit. I have noticed a water leak dripping from the black trim of the under belly close to the hitch. I was wondering if there are any water lines running under the front cap which is my closet holding the washing machine? Thanks.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Hello,
I had the under belly wall of the front cap/hitch replaced due to damage in transit. I have noticed a water leak dripping from the black trim of the under belly close to the hitch. I was wondering if there are any water lines running under the front cap which is my closet holding the washing machine? Thanks.

Is this on a 5th wheel? If so, by "belly" do you mean the white plastic material under your overhang, between the 5th wheel pinbox and the gen bay wall?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
If you have washer/dryer prep in the front closet of your 5th wheel, then it's likely you will have water lines that traverse a portion of that overhang area. That said, depending on your build date, there may be water cut-off valves for those in the ceiling area of your pass-through storage bay or if your coach is from the most recent builds, you may have a water manifold system near or behind your Nautilus water panel near the off-door side of the pass-through storage bay.

TheTravelingBrowns

I do have cut off valves in the basement but I'm thinking I may have to just pull the black trim piece off that's running along under the hitch to see what I can find. Thx Jim..

CornCrib

I do have cut off valves in the basement but I'm thinking I may have to just pull the black trim piece off that's running along under the hitch to see what I can find. Thx Jim..
I did not install a W/D in my 32RLS, so i disconnected the water lines that feed the closet. There were valves to shut off the water in the basement mounted to the floor near the stairs behind the basement wall. Although they were shut off, there was water in those lines when I cut them. I installed new valves and brass plugs. So far, no leaks. If I change my mind on W/D install, it would be easy to reconnect the feed.8303C65A-C6B2-47A6-BF28-083DB87755A2_1_105_c.jpeg5724D39E-37A9-4211-B448-3D3D6AD3A67D_1_105_c.jpeg