• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Friction hinges

Bozo

Anybody else hate the lippert friction hinges? My valor is 5-1/2 months old and they are already too snug/tight. Got to searching and is a known issue. Tried to drill the pins out of the sided of barrel of hinge and failed. Ordered 4 regular 6leaf hinges for the doors. Why rv makers like these, I will never know.

Terri&KevinGates

I pull the plastic cap out of the top and fill the cup with 3in1 oil and let it work down through. So far it seems to help. Our Montana had them as well. They got so bad it was almost impossible to get the door latched.

Bozo

I pull the plastic cap out of the top and fill the cup with 3in1 oil and let it work down through. So far it seems to help. Our Montana had them as well. They got so bad it was almost impossible to get the door latched.
Yeah, did that but still having lots of flexing at the door frame. To your point, it did help, but I am not satisfied. I am going to eliminate the problem and put the non friction ones on there. Haven’t cared for them since I picked up the trailer. It is the main entry that is worse than the garage one. I would think more use would tend to loosen them up, not tighten up. Regular hinges and a magnetic bumper will do the trick.