• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Fresh Water Tank Recall

dwcfish

Having had my fresh water tank drop out I was interested to see a recall has been issued on this for the Avenue 32RLS and the Paradigm 295MK - see attached from NHTSA. I have sent an email to Alliance requesting more information...........

Attachments

• Fresh WAter Tank Recall.pdf
    208.6 KB · Views: 68

Gord&Cindy

That's very interesting.
We have a 2022 295MK which I guess will be involved in this recall.
We haven't had any problems with the fresh water tank, but I wonder if we should use the trailer this spring before the recall is done?
We haven't received a notification of recall from Alliance, yet.

dwcfish

Alliance is saying it will take up to 60 days to come up with the proper repair and have the letter approved, then at that point the mailing to owners will start. So probably 2 to 3 months before we see a notice.

Bozo

Doesn’t exactly instill confidence in ,on the line, quality control and training….especially when the tank mounting is a major point made in their advertising materials and videos.

AMW

That's very interesting.
We have a 2022 295MK which I guess will be involved in this recall.
We haven't had any problems with the fresh water tank, but I wonder if we should use the trailer this spring before the recall is done?
We haven't received a notification of recall from Alliance, yet.
Just don’t run with the tank full?

dwcfish

After a number of emails today I did speak with a Rep at Alliance (as a side note they called me and this is the biggest benefit to dealing with Alliance). They have only been dealing with the recall for a few days so they have no hard information. They are saying probably June before the recall letters start going out.

I did specifically ask the question about what an owner should do at this point. They would not give any guidance on this. This is an important question for us given that we are full time.

As a note - since our tank had dropped once due to a failed weld, I got to see what that supporting structure looks like. It is not as robust as I was expecting. For this reason, I installed two pieces of Unistrut under the tanks below the coroplast for added tank support - the Unistrut runs across the Rig. At this point I am going to run with that until we see the letters from Alliance on the recall.

DanNJanice

After a number of emails today I did speak with a Rep at Alliance (as a side note they called me and this is the biggest benefit to dealing with Alliance). They have only been dealing with the recall for a few days so they have no hard information. They are saying probably June before the recall letters start going out.

I did specifically ask the question about what an owner should do at this point. They would not give any guidance on this. This is an important question for us given that we are full time.

As a note - since our tank had dropped once due to a failed weld, I got to see what that supporting structure looks like. It is not as robust as I was expecting. For this reason, I installed two pieces of Unistrut under the tanks below the coroplast for added tank support - the Unistrut runs across the Rig. At this point I am going to run with that until we see the letters from Alliance on the recall.
Just curious, how/where did you attach the Unistrut? You said below the coroplast, do you mean you left the coroplast in place and put the Unistrut outside of it?

dwcfish

Correct, I attached 2 pieces of unistrut, one on each side of the rig, vertically from the steel tube below the frame. Then ran a piece of unistrut under the coroplast between the vertical pieces. I used some unistrut 90's and spring nuts to connect it all together. With the 90's I can just remove 2 bolts to easily remove the horizontal piece. Also using the 90's allowed me to securely push the horizontal piece up since the spring nut is sliding in the vertical piece of the unistrut...... My main idea was just to provide some added support to the cage holding the water tank.

Does that description make any sense?

dwcfish

I have seen the location of the tank - given that mine fell out due to a failed weld. I have a 32RLS and the tank is located basically between the rear axle and the front of where the spare tire is. Sometime in the next month I am going to drop the coroplast and look at mine for the recall issue. It is a bit easier for me as they had to replace this section of coroplast when the fixed the tank for the weld issue - so I only have to drop a section. I will try and take pictures and post them here.