• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Dinette table in Avenue 22ml

AAtchison

Hi all - new (and very excited!) Alliance owner here! We purchased an Avenue 22ml last week and are in the honeymoon phase of moving in and falling in love. As such, I've come to realize that the existing dinette table set up simply isn't going to work for our needs. As it currently stands, it's affixed to the floor with dual posts that fit into brackets which are bolted to the floor. Problem is that we don't use the dinette often and the tabletop is in my way in order for me to access the storage above the table. The table top itself is incredibly heavy and nearly impossible due to the weight and length for me to move myself without my husband's help.

Initially, I thought we'd remove the posts and add some folding legs to the table which would allow me to easily (or easier?) pull it out when needing to access storage over table but also fold the table down and store it away when it's not needed. We don't want to all out remove the table entirely as my husband and I both work remotely and may work from the road every now and again. Plus, it could be useful for dining and/or entertaining occasionally. I'm running into issue with finding folding table legs that seem like they'll fit. The sets I'm finding are 24" wide and the table is only 23" wide. :(. I did find these Folding table lets and am hoping they might work.

I've never done any sort of mods to an rv we've owned in the past so I suppose am looking for any input or "warnings" that anyone might be able to offer. Not sure if any other 22ml or maybe even 24rd owners (also large dinette table) have done any similar mods to their dinettes.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or input you might have to share!