• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Delta 262RB mattress options

Havic406

Time to upgrade the sleeping comfort and looking for recommendations. Hope to still be able to use storage under but not everyday items so I can deal with some struggle.

Havic406

Whatever mattress you choose to replace your existing one, you will still have full access to the space under the bed. I upgraded my mattress and the stock struts are strong enough to lift my new mattress.
Here's the one I have: https://www.lippert.com/thomas-payne-premium-mattress-tp-foam-matt (Queen size - p/n: 2020000136)
I have not slept on it yet, so I can't tell you if I like it or not.

Looks like a good fit. Thanks for linking and keep us posted on comfort.

daemonic3

Well since every Delta's bed area is identical, this question is for any Delta.

@Jim Beletti I noticed your Lippert is only 52.5# according to the page you linked. I don't know what the original weighs but if your struts can hold it, including bedding, that is a good data point for the stock strut capability. I have heard others say once they upgraded the mattress the struts must be replaced. I think there are 2 factors though: 1) the weight of the new mattress, and 2) whether it bends/creases a little bit or stays stiff and the struts bear 1/2 of the full weight. Does the Lippert one bend/crease at all?

I have only looked into this a little bit since my wife will ultimiately make the decision. I just look at the specs. The top rated one on e-trailer was I think 65#, and the Brooklyn/RVmattress one looks like between 100-120# depending on options. I think a queen from Purple was even heavier than Brooklyn. She'll probably end up with Brooklyn since so many RVer channels hype them up, and I'll be searching for struts.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Well since every Delta's bed area is identical, this question is for any Delta.

@Jim Beletti I noticed your Lippert is only 52.5# according to the page you linked. I don't know what the original weighs but if your struts can hold it, including bedding, that is a good data point for the stock strut capability. I have heard others say once they upgraded the mattress the struts must be replaced. I think there are 2 factors though: 1) the weight of the new mattress, and 2) whether it bends/creases a little bit or stays stiff and the struts bear 1/2 of the full weight. Does the Lippert one bend/crease at all?

I have only looked into this a little bit since my wife will ultimiately make the decision. I just look at the specs. The top rated one on e-trailer was I think 65#, and the Brooklyn/RVmattress one looks like between 100-120# depending on options. I think a queen from Purple was even heavier than Brooklyn. She'll probably end up with Brooklyn since so many RVer channels hype them up, and I'll be searching for struts.
@daemonic3 - I’ve noticed no crease in the mattress after I’ve had it in the up position for hours, then set back down.

I hope it’s comfortable because I like not having to fight it to lift it up.

The mattress I put in my previous travel trailer was a premium Denver Mattress market by Lippert and it was VERY heavy. It was tall too.

We’ll be using this mattress for the first time this weekend. Hope we like it or it will have to be replaced.

we replaced the factory-provided hunk-a-junk with a 10" serta from walmart($350). it's great. problem: it overwhelms the storage door struts. i just decided to use a stick to hold the door up. strut replacement and its attendant geometry considerations are beyond my pay grade.

Bozo

I wish my mattress would have been a normal size. I had to have a custom at 70x80”