• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Delta 262RB awning

Hi Guy's and Gal's......I closed the deal on a new Alliance Delta 262 RB the other day and will take delivery on Sept. 1st. I noticed that mine didn't have a center awning support. After watching a number of videos online some had the center support and some not. Can someone who has taken delivery tell me if their's has a center support. Maybe it's and option or a dealer installed item. Thanks in advance.

Delta262

Hi Guy's and Gal's......I closed the deal on a new Alliance Delta 262 RB the other day and will take delivery on Sept. 1st. I noticed that mine didn't have a center awning support. After watching a number of videos online some had the center support and some not. Can someone who has taken delivery tell me if their's has a center support. Maybe it's and option or a dealer installed item. Thanks in advance.
Not on the 262rb we picked up today. Dealer tech said we can buy one and install it; said for a 21’ awning, it’s best to have one. We’ll get one as soon as we find one.

Attachments

• IMG_4782.jpeg
    IMG_4782.jpeg
    519 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4783.jpeg
    IMG_4783.jpeg
    374.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4785.jpeg
    IMG_4785.jpeg
    423.3 KB · Views: 10
Thanks for the reply, I agree it should have one. I did find one on Amazon called "Solera Awning Roller Cradle Support" cost $53.73 some reviews say it was missing the 2 mounting screws.

Delta262

Where are you located? We are supposedly the first owners in Missouri. Initial observations are positive: but glaring issues like dump handles and no documentation tick me off. I’ll consider having handles moved. Whoever designed this unit was asleep at the switch. Note: the rear camera has its own, dedicated power line from the battery! Not from backup or running lights! Alliance gets too weird. There’s a switch on the control panel to power it, so if you turn off the unit, leave it, and not switch it off you drain the battery. Odd concept!

I'm in Commercial Point Ohio but I bought the Delta in Wilmington Ohio. Not the first in Ohio to purchase. I bought mine last Tuesday but won't take delivery until Sept.1st so I haven't gone through the walk through. I didn't know about the rear camera. at least I won't have to turn the truck lights on to operate the camera. I assume the power will be cut off when the battery disconnect is off, which I always turn off if not plugged in or in tow. I did notice there where a couple dump handles under the slide out. Usually when there are 2 gray water tanks seperated by a thru-the-frame slide out they will have 2 discharge ports. Somehow Alliance has combined all tanks into 1 dump port. I did read that the owners manual will be coming out soon, my last camper, a was a Flagstaff Micro-Lite 25FKS and the only manual was on line. Did you install a rear camera? I have a Ferrion rear camera used on my last camper, I hope I can just plug and play. I went with The Alliance because all the things I'd read and videos I saw pointed to a quality built unit, I guess time will tell. As a backup I went with a dealer that offered the Warranty Forever for free.

Delta262

The lights will have to be on to have trailer lights. All three handles are under the slide!! Dumbest design ever. And the tube for the sewer dump hose is fairly far back under the belly. Not having the normal 4” black “bumper” was another dumb move. This one is too short for the three I always carry (1long; one shorter; one even shorter); had to leave behind one of them. I’ve found a few campgrounds where I needed all three stretched out! Lot of design flaws here: it’s obvious the designer/builder never went camping long distances and times!

Having the dump handles under the slide isn't nothing new for me. My last RV did the same thing. I always keep knee pads handy so that crawling under the camper is more comfortable. I carry 3 long hoses, 1 will go in the tube on the underside and 2 in a container. I doubt if I will use more than 1 with the dump port being toward the rear. In the last couple of years I have gone to only Ohio state parks w/full hookup. They are all setup the same with sewer in the rear, electric in the middle and water up front so the camper hookup locations are ideal. Unfortunately I will have to spend a couple thousand more to upgrade things like the mattress, vent fans, and door lock plus adding center awning support, Screen Shot and screen door cross bar. Are you headed out for your first trip this weekend?

Delta262

We were out last Sun-Weds. list of bad issues grows daily. Not good design and construction by Alliance! Every new unit develops issues: but Alliance ignores input. I doubt the company will survive if they don’t get their act together. Too many negative posts here.

We were out last Sun-Weds. list of bad issues grows daily. Not good design and construction by Alliance! Every new unit develops issues: but Alliance ignores input. I doubt the company will survive if they don’t get their act together. Too many negative posts here.
That just depresses me. Before I bought I looked at everything I could online and it seemed they were on top of thinks. I even watched videos on how the built the units, how they would stop the line and resolve the problem before the line started up again, They would check and recheck everything. Looks like I got snookered again.
I haven't had my first outing yet, that will be in 2 weeks for 5 nights. That should be enough time the get a good list of problems started. I guess I assumed the that things like TP holder, sink covers, porch lights, step light and 12" vent fan would be included, you know standard stuff like that. The first thing that annoyed me was the Lippert step, it doesn't have a spring assist, the leg adjustments are difficult to use to say the least. All I'm saying is, for an RV that supposed to be higher end, they cut corners and used inferior parts.

Delta262

We watched allllll the same videos. RV Nerd was so wrong! Alliance is a bogus company. You a find the same comments here on the other models, so it isn’t peculiar to Delta. Should have bought a Grand Design, Jaco, or another Keystone. It’ll take time to sort things out, despite Alliance. 4-5 years and it’ll go away. I’m considering a report to the BBB and call my attorney. This company…..!

Now for something totally different. Has anyone used the ladder on the Delta and got up on the roof? I'm 72 years old and the way the ladder stops at the top of the roof and has a rung at the very top I don't think I could get up there. I'm looking for a couple of hand grips or bars to mount on roof to give me something to hold on to. What to ya'll think?

Delta262

Now for something totally different. Has anyone used the ladder on the Delta and got up on the roof? I'm 72 years old and the way the ladder stops at the top of the roof and has a rung at the very top I don't think I could get up there. I'm looking for a couple of hand grips or bars to mount on roof to give me something to hold on to. What to ya'll think?
72? Stay off the roof. I’m 76, and my wife won’t let me go there. At our ages, a fall is not a good thing.

I still get on the roof to clean and inspect once or twice a year, but I'm real careful. I know what you mean about falling, Last year standing but bent over drilling a hole in the basement floor I fell and dislocated my shoulder, ripped all 4 rotator cuff muscles, spent 8 hours in the ER, had 2 hour surgery, 6 months of PT and I'm still not 100%. So I take my time and I'm very careful. I do like the wider ladder but I would just like it to continue onto the roof like most RV ladders do. I'll probably just use my Little Giant ladder I use around the house.

tnhlCampers

I'm in Commercial Point Ohio but I bought the Delta in Wilmington Ohio. Not the first in Ohio to purchase. I bought mine last Tuesday but won't take delivery until Sept.1st so I haven't gone through the walk through. I didn't know about the rear camera. at least I won't have to turn the truck lights on to operate the camera. I assume the power will be cut off when the battery disconnect is off, which I always turn off if not plugged in or in tow. I did notice there where a couple dump handles under the slide out. Usually when there are 2 gray water tanks seperated by a thru-the-frame slide out they will have 2 discharge ports. Somehow Alliance has combined all tanks into 1 dump port. I did read that the owners manual will be coming out soon, my last camper, a was a Flagstaff Micro-Lite 25FKS and the only manual was on line. Did you install a rear camera? I have a Ferrion rear camera used on my last camper, I hope I can just plug and play. I went with The Alliance because all the things I'd read and videos I saw pointed to a quality built unit, I guess time will tell. As a backup I went with a dealer that offered the Warranty Forever for free.
Hello, we were considering a Flagstaff 25FKS, but are now leaning towards the Delta. It sounds like you have experience with both. Do you like the Delta? Thanks...

First of all welcome to the forum. I had the 25FKS for 3 seasons of camping which we bought new and we liked a lot of the features like the big kitchen the layout with a separate bedroom and adequate storage inside. Plus upscale features like the Step Above steps and the Fantastic Fan and a host of other things. The reason we upgraded to the Delta 262RB was the added room. The Flagstaff was 26' while the Delta was 30' and the slide out is twice as big the bathroom is much better the bedroom is slightly bigger and the Delta has a U-shaped dinette. There is a ton of storage inside and out, 50AMP electric service with 2 AC units, 200W solar panel, tankless water heater (uses propane only) the awning is bigger and can operate the awning and slide out from the outside. The refrigerator is 12V compressor and can be operated while towing. If I had it to do over again I would still pick the Delta because of the room the layout and storage. Yeah there is a few things I don't like about the Delta but mostly things I can upgrade or change out. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Where you from and is this your first camper?

tnhlCampers

First of all welcome to the forum. I had the 25FKS for 3 seasons of camping which we bought new and we liked a lot of the features like the big kitchen the layout with a separate bedroom and adequate storage inside. Plus upscale features like the Step Above steps and the Fantastic Fan and a host of other things. The reason we upgraded to the Delta 262RB was the added room. The Flagstaff was 26' while the Delta was 30' and the slide out is twice as big the bathroom is much better the bedroom is slightly bigger and the Delta has a U-shaped dinette. There is a ton of storage inside and out, 50AMP electric service with 2 AC units, 200W solar panel, tankless water heater (uses propane only) the awning is bigger and can operate the awning and slide out from the outside. The refrigerator is 12V compressor and can be operated while towing. If I had it to do over again I would still pick the Delta because of the room the layout and storage. Yeah there is a few things I don't like about the Delta but mostly things I can upgrade or change out. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. Where you from and is this your first camper?
Thanks for the info. To be honest I'm a little nervous seeing all the issues that people are having with their Delta's, but we've been camping for about 15 years now and know that most campers have their issues. We are from New England, and looking forward to our first "couples" camper. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for the info. To be honest I'm a little nervous seeing all the issues that people are having with their Delta's, but we've been camping for about 15 years now and know that most campers have their issues. We are from New England, and looking forward to our first "couples" camper. Thanks again for your help.
We've only had ours out twice but I've only had a few minor problems. The toilet seat was cracked and I sent an E-mail to Alliance, they wanted pictures of the damage and a model number of the toilet and ended up sending me a new seat. There is one window in the bedroom that the screen doesn't fit because the window frame is defective of installed properly. I intend to have the dealer fix that next spring. But no water leaks which I had several on the Flagstaff. Good luck and Happy New Year!