• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Delta 262RB actual weight

tnhlCampers

Happy new year! Anyone with a 262rb get an actual weight vs what is advertised? Just wondering how different the real world numbers are. Thank you!

daemonic3

I would love to hear this as well...

Since these Deltas are fully bell-and-whistled in the base configuration (except for small things like power jacks option, or extra solar panels) there isn't really any packages that they can add on over the advertised UVW! So I had a feeling their weights are far more realistic, even if slightly higher, than other manufacturors like Grand Design or Forest River brochure weights.

Since our tongue weights were shockingly high on our past 2 Imagines, when compared to the brochure, I wanted to weigh the tongue of our 294RK before purchasing. I brought my tongue scale, and with 1 battery, no propane, and 50A cord resting in the underbelly, it was ~850#. I lifted the battery and it was a hair over 800#. The brochure/web page says 801# for this model!

Given how accurate the advertised hitch weight spec was, I think the dry UVW will be accurate as well! I'm excited to take it to the CAT scales and see numbers without sticker shock this time. :)

tnhlCampers

Just checking back in here, has anyone scaled their Delta yet? I hope to do mine soon and will report back.
We haven’t taken possession of it yet. It’s still sitting at the dealer where it’s going to be choked in snow until sometime in April. Lol.

daemonic3

Oh bummer! We're sea level in California so I've never heard of this "snow" you speak of. But I'll get our 294RK weights soon! Our last trailer had about 1400lbs of total "stuff" above the dry weight sticker. We moved over most of it but ditched heavier camp chairs for lighter ones, and upgraded to single 23lb Li battery vs 120lbs dual flooded, and didn't add exterior storage welded to the frame this time (probably 90lbs). I expect we will be roughly 1100-1200 above the dry sticker when I weigh it.

daemonic3

Got weights over the weekend on our 294RK. Our sticker UVW is 7486# (vs 7156# on the website) and when I weighed it at first hitch up, I had a tongue of 900# with my lithium battery, full propane, and 50A cord in the belly. After we loaded it with our stuff (and ~1/3 fresh water), getting it weighed on the CAT scales gave me about 8420# with 1020# of that transferred to my truck. So we managed to only put ~1000# of "stuff" above the UVW in the trailer! That is fantastic as our previous trailer had 1400# of "stuff" so our trailer diet worked. These definitely come fully loaded in their UVW already, so forced dealer "packages" don't give much sticker shock. Very accurate, Alliance!

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I didn't scale mine but I have my weight sticker from the ODS of the unit.

GVWR: 8250 LB
GAWR: 5200 LB* each
UVW: 7026 LB
CCC: 1184 LB

* A caveat to mine is that I'm trying something out. I have Dexter 5200# axles with ABS braking, so my GAWR could differ from other 262RBs