• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Crack under slide.

Knuth123

Just noticed yesterday after having my valor 40v13 in for a recall. There's a crack started underneath the bottom right corner of the bedroom slide. Anyone else having issues here?

I will take a picture and post tonight.

Thanks

Knuth123

Here's a picture of the crack starting.

Attachments

• 20240326_140255.jpg
    20240326_140255.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240328_162510.jpg
    20240328_162510.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 11

darrell

This looks like they may have created a stress point when cutting out for the slide out. It doesn't take much of a miscut in a corner like that to allow a stress crack to form. Another possibility but less likely imo, that wall may not have all of the support it needs (bad weld, popped screw head, whatever) and if the frame is not solid, the motor could cause enough stress moving the slide all the way out if the button is pressed and held for a bit (which is what LCI says you should do).

Bozo

Just noticed yesterday after having my valor 40v13 in for a recall. There's a crack started underneath the bottom right corner of the bedroom slide. Anyone else having issues here?

I will take a picture and post tonight.

Thanks
What year?

rglow314

This is the second one I have seen like this. Last summer we ran into some people that were taking there's back to factory with frame issues that needed to be repaired.

Bozo

Hmmm…..one could really get riled up over this. My plans were to keep this unit for 5-6 years and get into a used diesel push… They have very robust chassis…we shall see how this holds up.