• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Cameras?

RockDr896

Does anybody know if the Ford rear camera can be wired using the Alliance pre-wired access? I have an Alliance 370FB paired with a 2019 F350 SD. The goal is tying it into Ford display.

bhidalgo

Does anybody know if the Ford rear camera can be wired using the Alliance pre-wired access? I have an Alliance 370FB paired with a 2019 F350 SD. The goal is tying it into Ford display.
No, the Ford camera system will not work with the Alliance pre-wire. I had a '21 F250 and acquired the 36' camera/TPMS cable from Ford for it. Found out later that was not going to reach the back of the rig, a '22 310RL, so I never used the cable. As a result, we ended up getting a Haloview system and it works fine with the prewire. Just my two cents...Bill

RockDr896

Thanks! From what I was finding on the subject, it is a cable/hardware communication issue possibly? Meaning they use more wires to connect to the video display on the truck where others access traditional harness wiring or just go wireless. I guess I will table that project, since I don't want another screen in my cab. I will continue to old school tight areas, so I don't lose the skill I guess!

bhidalgo

Thanks! From what I was finding on the subject, it is a cable/hardware communication issue possibly? Meaning they use more wires to connect to the video display on the truck where others access traditional harness wiring or just go wireless. I guess I will table that project, since I don't want another screen in my cab. I will continue to old school tight areas, so I don't lose the skill I guess!
Copy. And good luck. If you find you want a Ford cable let me know...the one I have is in the box gathering dust in the garage...Bill

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Love having both rear and side camera's. The side camera' are nice while driving but they really come in handy when backing up to a site, when you lose the ability to use your mirror. Here is a video I did for the Furrion system with side camera's.

Last edited: