• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Bonded Leather furniture

nestlehw

I am looking at purchasing a used Alliance Paradigm fifth wheel, but have heard and seen some horror stories about RVs with bonded leather furniture wth the top surface peeling off after just a few years. Did Alliance ever install furniture with bonded leather material in their fifth wheels?

Gleninaz

I think most are a faux leather vinyl. I own a custom furniture company and just bought a 340rl. Going to take the jackknife out and have the guys make a new on with solid alder frame and leather, Leggett & Platte have a regular sleeper sofa mechanism and are selling a new concept mattress with springs, a layer of memory foam and an air topper so going that route.

Mark Page

Owner Empowerment Advisor
Staff member
The furniture in our rigs are different. It isn't as susceptible to separation. We are 2 years into traveling full-time, zero issues!

Gleninaz

How comfortable is the sleeper that comes with the rig? I will have a few old guys wanting to stay for some fishing. If it is comfortable I will leave it alone.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
How comfortable is the sleeper that comes with the rig? I will have a few old guys wanting to stay for some fishing. If it is comfortable I will leave it alone.
If you have anyone over the age of 10, you should consider something else. We use an inflatable Aero Bed (queen) for times we have guests. They are amazingly comfortable. We even have one in our home for times when we have a LOT of guests.

FYI on the Aerobed, links to purchase do not go to Aerobeds. I reach out to them and got a response from Coleman Outdoors, stating they no longer make the Aerobeds and I should purchase Colemans air bed. Wonder why they still have an active web page.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
FYI on the Aerobed, links to purchase do not go to Aerobeds. I reach out to them and got a response from Coleman Outdoors, stating they no longer make the Aerobeds and I should purchase Colemans air bed. Wonder why they still have an active web page.
You are correct!! I just looked it up and Coleman acquired AeroBed but they kept the brand name. Here is one I just found on Walmart's site.

1680206613247.png

Fishfnatic

On our 310 rl my wife removed back cushions on sleeper and added 3 big pillows and 2 inch memory foam with cover for sleeper sofa. It was very uncomfortable to sit on. Also more room on couch with pillows instead of back cushions. It is now more comfortable.