• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Backup Camera

userm806

Hello,
Does anyone know what backup camera would work for the Delta 262RB? I can see that it is prepped for a backup camera, but I am not sure which camera to install. I see a lot of rigs that are pre wired for Furrion but this one does not come with the bracket, so I am not sure if a Furrion pre wired camera would work. Since this rig does not come with any bracket installed, what would work the best? :unsure:

Attachments

• 20230925_095926.jpg
    20230925_095926.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 3
Just installed the Haloview BT Byte on our 340RL. Has same setup on the rear as yours
Great Video. Curious what you used to mount the rear camera since that part didn't make the video. Are self-tapping screws strong enough in the azdel back wall? Was there a 12V power line for the side markers that was tied to the interior camera switch?

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Great Video. Curious what you used to mount the rear camera since that part didn't make the video. Are self-tapping screws strong enough in the azdel back wall? Was there a 12V power line for the side markers that was tied to the interior camera switch?
The screws that come with the camera are plenty to hold the camera in place. There really is no wind hitting the camera.

For the 2x side cameras I just tapped into the marker lights (in propane tank area...super easy!!), that come on when you turn truck headlights on and you are connected to the RV. I really like this way of powering the cameras vs using the switch inside the RV. This way it forces me to remember to turn my headlights on when towning.

Happy to answer any other questions.

bhidalgo

Have had a Haloview the 2 years we've had our rig and it works great.
Got the two side cameras as well. And though they both work ok they fogged up this past spring and are permanently blurry.

DanNJanice

Have had a Haloview the 2 years we've had our rig and it works great.
Got the two side cameras as well. And though they both work ok they fogged up this past spring and are permanently blurry.
Hmmm, that is unfortunate, the fogging I mean. Did they have any warranty? Seems like they should have anticipated that these might get exposed to weather, since they are designed to be outside.
I am also curious about latency and range. A lot of the wifi ones I have seen have a couple of seconds of latency which greatly reduces their usefulness as a backup camera.

bhidalgo

Side cameras had a year warranty.
Almost no latency. The relay is mounted forward of forward ac. Screen in cab picks up signal from relay with no interference.
Relay cabled to back of rig along roof top and wired directly into camera. Have been happy with the setup and performance so far.

DanNJanice

Side cameras had a year warranty.
Almost no latency. The relay is mounted forward of forward ac. Screen in cab picks up signal from relay with no interference.
Relay cabled to back of rig along roof top and wired directly into camera. Have been happy with the setup and performance so far.
Thanks for the info, I may be switching to this system, if I can't get my wired system fixed for a reasonable price.

My wife and I are now proud owners of a 2024 Delta 251BH, our first travel trailer. We are looking forward to some exciting trips when warmer weather hits and retirement is official. Back-up cameras were a necessity as most everyone who has ever offered to help spot the back of any trailer while parking hasn't understood how to be seen and heard to the driver. My installation duplicates that of Jim's install, except I used a Furrion wireless camera system for the rear and side cameras. Installation was straight forward and without issues. the side cameras mounted on the lower trim panel just behind the hatch to the pass through storage. Absolutely no issues with connectivity to the 7" Furrion monitor in the cab of my F-250 crew cab, with no latency issues. It would have been nice to mount the side cameras higher and before the hatch to the pass through, but without pre-positioned power leads tucked into the pass through, there wasn't an easy way to wire it. I've backed the trailer into a couple of tight spots both during the day and at night without any issues. Technology sure is helpful.

I have a Delta 262RB and mounted a Furrion backup camera, I used the mounting bracket and camera from my traded in rig, but I believe the new Furrion cameras come with the bracket. How you liking you new rig?

My apologies for not responding in an acceptable time frame. Honestly, just noticed your response and question.

We were able to break the trailer in at an alpaca farm before the temperatures dropped and the trailer had to be tucked away for safe keeping over the winter. Our first highway trip with the trailer was uneventful and vastly relaxing. The Delta towed straight and true behind my older Ford F-250 gas.

Over the winter we've replaced the old rig for a beautiful F-250 diesel crew cab in anticipation of our first long distance tow from Maine to Wisconsin in June. Excited for warmer weather and the promise of a relaxing retirement exploring new places and meeting fellow wanderers. Not sure we will make an Alliance Rally this year, but hope to schedule at least one a year going forward.