
Did you need to use a countersink at all moving to a larger screw?I had a number of the awning screws pulling out on our rain gutter / awning rail. One section actually caused a leak into the garage area. They were stripped from the factory. I pulled them, installed one size up SS screws, with a dab of silicone and moved forward. I bought a bunch of them to replace them as I find them backed out.
I had resources on this now I cannot find them. I used AI when my slide toppers were pulling away and now I cannot locate it in my history. There is something on this site about this exact repair where Alliance chimed in on how to fix it. Sorry I cannot find it.2022 Avenue 30 RLS has the awning rail starting to pull away from the exterior wall. Looking for tips on how to reattach. The front screw is pulled loose. What is behind the wall to screw into?
I did not. I used pan head SS screws readily available at box stores.Did you need to use a countersink at all moving to a larger screw?
You got that right on permanent! No going back after an hour or so.You could also use 3m 5200 as a last resort if it keeps happening. I have a tube of it I was going to use on the rain gutter rail if I kept chasing my tail with screws backing out. It is serious, PERMANENT stuff.
My &0.02,,,had this happen on a previous tow behind. Used the large cap “exploding” pop rivets. They come in different sizes,,,have engineering on pullout.I had this happen on my 32RLS right after I purchased in 2021. I contacted Alliance about the issue. They told me that there was supposed to be an aluminum backer in the wall for the screws to bite into. I tried larger screws but no luck. Based on their direction I purchased some bulb tite rivets and reinstalled the railing. It's been on there for almost 5 years with no issues. You can google the rivets, but they are an exploding type of rivet. The ones I got were more substantial than the tri-fold shown above.

Thank you to all, the input is helpful. Also reached out to Alliance service and they came thru with some good helpful info which is inline with comments posted above. Thought I would share, see below -
View attachment 5419
Then asked what EGS is - EGS is Electro-Galvanized Steel. It is .0142 inches thick, around 28-29 gauge.
Being an engineer the drawing helps me a lot and for future reference as well. Wish more things like this was made available.
Thank you to all who took the time to respond, very helpful and enjoyable learning different ideas.
Saurd