• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Awning Coming off

rogernm001

New member
After our second trip, it appeared our awning was coming off of the rig towards the rear where it attaches, we immediately rolled it up and have not used it since. Now it's coming off at the front where it attaches. It seems to have been glued on from factory, is it typically glued on or tucked into some channel? Will let my dealer know about it next inspection.

Roger
Alliance Valor 31T13
 

Jim Beletti

Elite Member
After our second trip, it appeared our awning was coming off of the rig towards the rear where it attaches, we immediately rolled it up and have not used it since. Now it's coming off at the front where it attaches. It seems to have been glued on from factory, is it typically glued on or tucked into some channel? Will let my dealer know about it next inspection.

Roger
Alliance Valor 31T13
@rogernm001 - sorry to hear about your awning. Until your dealer inspection, be real careful about towing your coach with an awning that may be separating from the coach.

Until your inspection, if you'd like our team to look at some photos of it, kindly send some images that capture the essence of what you're trying to convey.

Send them to: service@alliancerv.com. Include a narrative so we know what we're looking at. Also include your name, your phone and the last 6 digits of your VIN. Thanks Roger.
 

Bozo

Prominent Member
After our second trip, it appeared our awning was coming off of the rig towards the rear where it attaches, we immediately rolled it up and have not used it since. Now it's coming off at the front where it attaches. It seems to have been glued on from factory, is it typically glued on or tucked into some channel? Will let my dealer know about it next inspection.

Roger
Alliance Valor 31T13
My side rear awning on my valor 40v13 is the same way. Dealer caught it on pdi but still hasn’t been repaired yet.
 

Doglover

Member
@rogernm001 - sorry to hear about your awning. Until your dealer inspection, be real careful about towing your coach with an awning that may be separating from the coach.

Until your inspection, if you'd like our team to look at some photos of it, kindly send some images that capture the essence of what you're trying to convey.

Send them to: service@alliancerv.com. Include a narrative so we know what we're looking at. Also include your name, your phone and the last 6 digits of your VIN. Thanks Roger.
My awning came completely off while it was opened. No one seems to want to cover it, why I am not sure. Be careful it can come completely off like ours
 

Oregon_Camper

Forum Admin
Staff member
My awning came completely off while it was opened. No one seems to want to cover it, why I am not sure. Be careful it can come completely off like ours
not defending anyone, but an awning is hard to warranty as anyone could simply leave it out in a huge rain/wind storm and then say they didn't and attempt to get warranty to repair it. I am sure that is not the case with you, but I'm simply looking at it from the MFG's point of view.
 

Doglover

Member
not defending anyone, but an awning is hard to warranty as anyone could simply leave it out in a huge rain/wind storm and then say they didn't and attempt to get warranty to repair it. I am sure that is not the case with you, but I'm simply looking at it from the MFG's point of view.
Sure I can understand. I hate to have to even bring it up and am still shock on how it came off. I have been RVing approx 30 years and I have never had this happen. I did loose a awning cause it got keft out and a wind gust took it over the RV. Since then I never leave it out when leving the camp ground and always assure it comes in with wind. We love this RV and it breaks my hesrt to see it down. Thanks!
 
Top