• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Avenue 39MBR Structural Issues

ske4kix

New member
I wasn’t sure where to post this as I’m relatively new to the forms in terms of posting.

Maybe somebody can help me with some insight into the process since Alliance doesn’t seem to wanna respond with much information.

I have a 2025 Avenue 39MBR. Original owner since April of 2025.

I’m starting to see what appears to be structural cracks on the interior and exterior walls on both sides over the axles towards the top of the unit.

Alliance has sent me a generic email stating that I need to send the unit back to them in Indiana and that I will incur all costs in transport as well as need to winterize the unit on my dime.

I live in California so as you can imagine I’m probably looking at at least 7k cost just to get it to them. Not to mention paying for storage and monthly payment on unit itself while it’s getting repairs/looked at for who knows how long.

As you can imagine paying for a unit while it’s being repaired indefinitely, and then having to cancel multiple, upcoming trips is pretty inconvenient.

Anyone have some insight or dealt with this process before and have some advice on what to expect.

I know this was one of the newer models when we purchased. I’m wondering if they have a broader issue with these frames and structural issues that’s gonna start appearing in more of their units if it already hasn’t become an issue?

I’ve have had nothing but problems with minor stuff falling apart/off just seems like the build quality has not been great at all for the amount of money we paid.

Unfortunately, a lot of the repairs I’ve had to make like dinette slide floor coming undone and starting to fall off and many more were not documented because when I took it into a “authorized” repair place. I was told it would take months for what seemed like the simplest of repairs and then ghosted with any follow up on actually getting the repairs done.

Sorry if posted in the wrong place thank you in advance for any help.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2154.jpeg
    IMG_2154.jpeg
    250.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2155.jpeg
    IMG_2155.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2168.jpeg
    IMG_2168.jpeg
    517.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2169.jpeg
    IMG_2169.jpeg
    419.7 KB · Views: 9

Lantley

Prominent Member
I don't have a happy answer for you. But I will say if Alliance is willing to accept and fix the problem sending it back to the factory is the best place to get it fixed. $7K for transportation seems like a lot but I really don't have anything to base my claim on.
Once upon a time I had a unit that needed some structural repairs and I would have loved for the manufacturer to agree to make the repairs even if I had to return it to them. The manufacturer refused to accept responsibility in my case and I was totally on my own.
Seems that alliance agrees they are responsible for the issue. Which is the first step of the process. I would make plans to send the unit back to them. We could argue and debate about the cost of transportation once the unit is fixed.
Getting the unit fixed at the factory allows the factory to do a "Do Over" on the entire trailer. Which will be worth all the trouble you go through to return it in the long run.
Does the warranty specifically exclude transportation costs?
 

Chief2hairs

Member
I agree the factory is the best place for this type of repair. If you decide to transport it back to the Indiana Allliance factory, check with a transport company such as Jimbo's. They deliver RV from Indiana all over the country and usually deadhead back. They could possibly transport for you....????
 

ske4kix

New member
I’m just throwing that number out there based on experience from the last time we had it shipped to California.


It was shipped a shorter distance with fuel prices in the country being significantly less so I can only imagine what it would cost now. To get it to Indiana.

I guess my real issue is the idea of having to come out of pocket to fix a quality or craftsmanship issue with the frames on an item that is still under warranty.

I have not looked at what the warranty states that’s just what their email stated at the bottom in italics.

I’m hoping to have an actual conversation with someone from alliance regarding this to get some clarificatio. So far, it’s just been generic emails with little information.
 
Top