• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Where to put a mini split ac on a 2023 Avenue 36 MBR

castarod

My 2 rooftop units on my Avenue aren’t quite able to handle this Texas heat so I was considering adding a mini split ac unit. I’ve seen some videos on YouTube and it appears possible to do so but need some ideas where to put the condenser unit. I really don’t want to mount it in rear bumper as I use it for hauling my e-bikes and also don’t want to block the rear door hatch either. I was considering the front storage but wasn’t sure this had enough ventilation. Btw, I was looking at installing the indoor unit in the cabinets above the coffee bar area. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

castarod

Yeah I ended up adding a mini split system. I put the condenser unit in the front storage compartment and the indoor unit in the living room above the coffee area. It was fairly easy with the exception of running the copper tubing from the inside through the rv, into the basement, under the rv and finally to the condenser unit in the front. It works great and is super quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

castarod

Here are some pics of the final install

513762c8cfb27d01ee14278be8f2363e.jpg

0701f17741e5c08e9fef05a939a2b715.jpg