• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Where to camp near Louisville, Kentucky

KingDom

We are considering travel to the Bourbon Trail after a planned 1st time attendance at the ‘24 Alliance RV FamAlly Rally this year.
Has anyone recommendations where to camp in the Louisville KY area? We hope to be in our new Paradigm 385FL. First time for everything. 41’4”. Wow!
Thank you and Happy New Year to all of you. Dom and Anne.
GO STEELERS!!

CornCrib

When we go to the trail, we camp away from Louisville and closer to the trail. My Old Kentucky Home State Park is a go to place for us. Some of the sites are tight, so you have to be selective depending on how big your rig is. Bardstown is a nice destination and kinda centrally located for the trail.

KingDom

When we go to the trail, we camp away from Louisville and closer to the trail. My Old Kentucky Home State Park is a go to place for us. Some of the sites are tight, so you have to be selective depending on how big your rig is. Bardstown is a nice destination and kinda centrally located for the trail.
Good afternoon CornCrib. Hope this finds you well. We are planning our visit to the Trail in Kentucky. I read a couple of reviews about My Old KY Home that said the RV sites are xtremely unlevel. What's your experience with the sites and have recommendations in the shade? Thanks. dp

Fishfnatic

Good afternoon CornCrib. Hope this finds you well. We are planning our visit to the Trail in Kentucky. I read a couple of reviews about My Old KY Home that said the RV sites are xtremely unlevel. What's your experience with the sites and have recommendations in the shade? Thanks. dp
We stayed at brooks RV park but it was noisy with airplane flight path and gun range and down the street. but fifteen minutes from downtown. If go near Georgetown Lexington area recommend whispering hills RV resort. It had nice sites. We stayed there and liked it. If you go down toward Dale hollow lake, the state park has full hookups and nice scenery but winding road.

KingDom

Thank you so much. I appreciate your recommendations. Have you ever stayed at Elkhorn Creek RV Park?

Fishfnatic

Thank you so much. I appreciate your recommendations. Have you ever stayed at Elkhorn Creek RV Park?
No we haven’t. We were in Kentucky for about a month and did not stay longer than week at any one place. Makers Mark has nice grounds at distillery. Did not get to Buffalo Trace. Angels Envy distillery was closed for employee training when we went. Jeptha creed distillery has nice grounds. Did not get to distillery row.

CornCrib

I concur with the review stating sites can be unlevel. It is an old state park with large trees, but we have been able to make due. Last summer, we had reservations at Taylorsville Lake (as @GriffLab mentioned above) but had to cancel due to last minute work commitment, so I can't speak from first hand experience. The location is good for the trail and reviews are good. We enjoyed Makers Mark, Buffalo Trace, Woodford, Heaven Hill and Bardstown Bourbon Company. Had good dinners at The Rickhouse, Talbot Tavern and Toogie's Table in Bardstown.