• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Where is the Inverter?

CaptTPT

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Delta 252RL. It has the Solar package option. Dealer doesn’t know much. I am assuming it comes standard with no Inverter whatsoever. Is that correct? Or is there an inverter we cannot find? Nothing stated on the Alliance web site.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I don't think any Delta series will come with an Inverter. The best case is the one on the dealer lot has the "Solar Package" which will have the "Inverter Prep" available.
1714674267217.png

More info on the Delta builds can be found here

CaptTPT

Yes, that was my assumption. Thanks. The tech guy at the dealer told me the existing rooftop wiring will tolerate 530 watts of solar. He mentioned nothing about parallel vs series wiring of the panels so he may not be familiar with the differences. Do you know anything about this?

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sure...I know a lot about solar. There can be a lot of factors involved in planning a proper solar layout (we have 10x200w panels on our RV), but for the most part a dealer will ship panels in series with increase voltage. That can allow for smaller gauge wire(s) to be run from roof to solar controller.
  • Series - Volts Increase
  • Parrallel - Amps Increase

CaptTPT

Thanks. I understand all of that. I Guess what I’m really interested in is what the wiring is. They prep (add wiring) for a 3000 watt inverter. I want to be able to add whatever I can without voiding the warranty. After the year is out I will replace the wiring and add 1000 wats of panels, a larger charge controller, and a 3000 watt inverter. So I’m interested in what is possible to do now.

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
If you can run down to dealer and look at the wire, you should be able to read the gauge off the wire. Or...if you have a gauge reader that might help too.

For our 3000w Victron, I use 4/0 wire from battery bank to lynx to inverter.

61gPSUPx5IL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
1714677291178.png

CaptTPT

Thanks Jim. I appreciate it. I notice you have what looks to be multiple charge controllers which suggests that you have pulled new wiring from the roof to the front pass through. Would you be willing to show me your setup? If so, what city do you live in? Looking to learn all I can early in this adventure.

CaptTPT

Just pulled the trigger on the Delta 252RL. Pick it up next week. Excited to learn new things and have new adventures!

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Thanks. I understand all of that. I Guess what I’m really interested in is what the wiring is. They prep (add wiring) for a 3000 watt inverter. I want to be able to add whatever I can without voiding the warranty. After the year is out I will replace the wiring and add 1000 wats of panels, a larger charge controller, and a 3000 watt inverter. So I’m interested in what is possible to do now.

Hi @CaptTPT - there's no need to wait for the warranty period to expire, to do your own power system. Only if changes you make are contributory to a failure, would there be any risk of voiding a part of your warranty. Having this happen is very rare.

In my Delta 262RB, I removed the single provided panel and solar charge controller. I then added six 200-watt panels, ran my own wiring and added my own solar charge controller. Plus a bunch more stuff.

Haulinit

Jim, Oregon_Camper, I have guys here installing solar on my 2024 Paradigm 380 MP. They are having problems figuring out the wiring in the trailer. They are Victron Certified so know what they’re doing. They’re at lunch right now. Can they pick your brain about it? They have none of the solar equipment hooked up yet, but are getting sparks from the trailer power. Something happened yesterday where my 12 volt refrigerator isn’t working. He checked all the wires for it and everything appears to be connected for it.

I would appreciate any help, insight, etc. that you would be willing to give. I’m also a former Oregonian. I left Eagle Point (the Medford area) in 2021 to travel full time.

Shelley K

Haulinit

I am on the road from Oregon to Indiana right now, getting ready for the National Rally. Did they resolve their confusion?
Hi Jim! Yes it finally got resolved. The negative wiring for the factory solar panel and refrigerator were reversed in the Renogy solar controller. I sent an email back to customer service with all of the information. Maybe they can send it up the production line and prevent future issues.

I will be leaving central Florida in a week for the rally in Elkhart. I'll see you there!

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Hi Jim! Yes it finally got resolved. The negative wiring for the factory solar panel and refrigerator were reversed in the Renogy solar controller. I sent an email back to customer service with all of the information. Maybe they can send it up the production line and prevent future issues.

I will be leaving central Florida in a week for the rally in Elkhart. I'll see you there!
don't want to point fingers, but this would/could make the frig never work. I'm guessing your installers hooked this back up incorrectly and then blamed Alliance. I could be wrong but I doubt Alliance would make this error.