• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

What towing tires have you upgraded to for better off road traction?

Trent Mills

I am looking for something with a little better off road traction. My 2019 SRW Dodge 3500 4x4 currently has Firestone Transforce HT. Looks like I will get about 35K miles on them but they are horrible on wet grass. Luckly, I have 4x4!
I would like to hear actual towing experience, off road maybe 10%. Not heavy trails or anything, just something that will help in wet grass, sand, mud.

Thanks!
Trent

Trent Mills

Thanks, currently in my running are the ones below. I keep leaning towards the Ridge Grapplers.

There are SO many tires and I hate to put something on that I am going to hate for two or three years.... ;-)

Michelin A/T 2

Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Yokohama Geolander

Firestone Transforce AT2

JWalker

Running Goodyear DuraTracs on my Ram. Just hit about 20k miles on them. Still look good.

Attachments

• 15247031-95FE-4748-91BF-DBCB6010A637.jpeg
    15247031-95FE-4748-91BF-DBCB6010A637.jpeg
    331.1 KB · Views: 8

darrell

I had Geolandar X-ATs on my Ram 3500 and really like them. However, when diesel prices skyrocketed, I went back to stock size to try to get back some of the mileage I lost from the 35" tires. Road noise was not bad at all, good traction, e load rated, but they were large (35x12.5.17) and really too big for the stock 6.5" rims. The dealer put them on, and I would have left them on there if not for towing so heavy.