• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Wet Bay Drain on 310RL (2024)

TrustiKrusti

Hi everyone, I'm new to this group, but not new to camping. I just bought a 310RL in November (haven't had it out yet, but working on getting to know it intimately). I believe the more you know, the better you are at handling the unexpected.

I was vacuuming out the service area behind the wet bay and came across something that struck me as odd and potentially damaging if not addressed. It seemed worth sharing with everyone, even those without the 310RL.

The first photo is of the front of the wet bay with the catch pan beneath and hose outlet/inlet. The second photo is behind the wet bay and the backside of the catch pan. There is a 3-inch hole in the catch pan that JUST drains onto the linoleum floor. Obviously the open hole is lower than the hose inlet/out (by about 1/4-inch), so any spilled/leaking water will simply leak towards the backside and onto the linoleum and soaking the surrounding area. Trailers do not deal well with water.

My question to Alliance would be - Is there suppose to be a drain here going to the outside (ground area)? If so, what is directly below the area (is it safe to put one in)? It would require a hole the size of a shower drain and would have to be flush with the surrounding floor. Is there an alternative to putting a drain in and ensuring overflow water drains to the ground?

My temporary plan will be to use waterproof tape to cover the drain to prevent any water from getting outside the pan (Any water standing in the pan would alert me to an issue, instead of going completely unnoticed). I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on how they have dealt with this (or perhaps they didn't even know), but I feel it should be addressed.

Thanks in advance for your help, thoughts, and input.

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 40

Fishfnatic

Hi everyone, I'm new to this group, but not new to camping. I just bought a 310RL in November (haven't had it out yet, but working on getting to know it intimately). I believe the more you know, the better you are at handling the unexpected.

I was vacuuming out the service area behind the wet bay and came across something that struck me as odd and potentially damaging if not addressed. It seemed worth sharing with everyone, even those without the 310RL.

The first photo is of the front of the wet bay with the catch pan beneath and hose outlet/inlet. The second photo is behind the wet bay and the backside of the catch pan. There is a 3-inch hole in the catch pan that JUST drains onto the linoleum floor. Obviously the open hole is lower than the hose inlet/out (by about 1/4-inch), so any spilled/leaking water will simply leak towards the backside and onto the linoleum and soaking the surrounding area. Trailers do not deal well with water.

My question to Alliance would be - Is there suppose to be a drain here going to the outside (ground area)? If so, what is directly below the area (is it safe to put one in)? It would require a hole the size of a shower drain and would have to be flush with the surrounding floor. Is there an alternative to putting a drain in and ensuring overflow water drains to the ground?

My temporary plan will be to use waterproof tape to cover the drain to prevent any water from getting outside the pan (Any water standing in the pan would alert me to an issue, instead of going completely unnoticed). I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on how they have dealt with this (or perhaps they didn't even know), but I feel it should be addressed.

Thanks in advance for your help, thoughts, and input.
I have a 2024 310 rl too and I thought same thing. It seemed like it drains to underbelly. Also water gets under the pan as it is just sitting on floor.

Upvote 0

MorPep

Hi,
We have a 2022 310RL we bought new in 2023 and have only traveled with once so far. I just went out and looked in the wet bay area and noticed that the front side of the catch pan has a huge crack in it that I hadn't noticed earlier and the part of the catch pan behind the panel doesn't have any visible hole at all. It looks like the punch out for the percieved drain is still in place. Not surprised though.............

Upvote 0

Mike in North Wales

Hahaha! We had the same issue in our 2023! Maybe there is a bigger problem somewhere on the line. My fix was Flex Seal tape. We just had it at Alliance for some warranty service, and they replaced the pan with a new one.

Upvote 0

Geo

Same on our '24 310RL. Alliance offered to send a new pan but I elected to just silicone over the edges of the hole.
The pan was a good idea that failed in execution. I'm sure the extra hole was for installation options but it should have been (be) factory sealed.

Upvote 0

Mike in North Wales

I believe they drill the 2nd hole in the pan during installation. The "extra" hole is just in the bottom of the pan, whereas the other hole is recessed below the bottom surface so the hole is the lowest point of the pan. Somebody didn't think it through.

Upvote 0