• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Wear bar location for 32RLS kitchen slide room.

TJJ

Hello all, I am installing my THIRD broken slide out ski on our rig.I watched an interesting YouTube this morning by Johnhawley jr. who did the steel slide skis .(I am ordering some tomorrow).He states that the wear bars should be positioned directly in front of the skis.Mine are not as seen from the image.Maybe this was my problem all along.Should I reposition them?IMG_1747.jpeg

DanNJanice

In all the 8 years I had my Jayco trailer I do not ever remember seeing any posts about replacing slide skis. Are these issues common on slide outs or just another manufacturing defect on Alliance's part, that should be covered by a recall?

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
In all the 8 years I had my Jayco trailer I do not ever remember seeing any posts about replacing slide skis. Are these issues common on slide outs or just another manufacturing defect on Alliance's part, that should be covered by a recall?
Did your Jayco have flush floors once slides are deployed? I see these slides skis on my sisters Grand Design, which also has flush floors.

DanNJanice

Did your Jayco have flush floors once slides are deployed? I see these slides skis on my sisters Grand Design, which also has flush floors.
Yes, I had one large LR slide that contained both the dinette and couch. When it was out the slide was flush with the floor. We sold it to my cousin last spring and it is still working fine, after 8 years.

I'm getting ready to replace one of my slde skis on oiur 2021 365RD. Of the 4 skis, one broke, the others look good (I check them every time we run the slides. What I have noticed on this unit and on our previous 5th wheel, is that if the ski isn't up flat against the bottom of the slide, it will most likely fail. I'd be curious if anyone else has noticed this.