• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Water pump/dry camping problem

Full timers here in 310RL. Last late fall and thru winter we used the fresh tank and pump exclusively no problem.
In prep for this winter I figured I'd fill freshwater tank and test out the pump. Panel set to Powerfill and filled tank until it ran from the overflow . Set panel to Dry Camping then i turned on a faucet then turned on the pump. Pump comes on and water flows fine but with no faucets opened the pump cycles on then off repeatedly about every two seconds. I've checked hose connections behind the panel and pump area. No water leaks I can see. Mesh filter is clean as a whistle. No leaks in any cabinets.

Any advice/recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
Check your low point drains.
Check your pressure relief valve on the water heater.
Check the anode rod for leaks.
Hand tighten all fitting behind the Nautilus panel and at the water pump and strainer bowl.
Make sure ice maker line valve is off.

dwcfish

I would add to Jim's comment that you may need to adjust the pressure switch on the pump. I had the same issue on my rig and this was the problem that I had.

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I would add to Jim's comment that you may need to adjust the pressure switch on the pump. I had the same issue on my rig and this was the problem that I had.
Great idea. Is this a small Allen wrench adjustment on the pump?

Jim Beletti

Owner Experience Liaison
Staff member
I swapped the pump for a new one and it runs fine now, no continuous cycling on/off with taps off.
That's great news. You may have had a diaphragm issue in the original pump. I've heard of sand getting past the screen and into the diaphragm and causing this sort of issue.