• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

water drain

phil y

Good afternoon all.
I have attempted to drain the fresh water tank using the low point drain at the water tank behind the axle.
There is very little water flow there and I need to drain using the large drain valve.
I did the same procedure last season using the low point drain with no problem.
Is there a check valve in the line ?
What am I missing??

Oregon_Camper

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Do you have the large white handle behind the last tire? That should open the 2" valve and the tank will drain in minutes. From all out prior RV (we've only had our 340RL for about 5 week) the low point drain is for winterizing (blowing out lines) and not to empty the fresh water tank.

CornCrib

Just thinking out loud here .....
The low point drain may be slow because there is no air coming in to equalize the pressure. Try opening a faucet and see it drains quicker.
However, As Jim states above, if we need to drain the fresh water from the tank, we use the large drain valve. I'll bet once you open that, the low point drain will also flow faster.
(of course, I'm not a plumber ....just an IT guy with a camper ...)

phil y

The fast way to drain the tank is with the large drain valve but I thought the other low point drain should work as well, just will take longer.
The low point drain has very little trickle even with a faucet opened.
No big problem, i was just curious.

phil y

Our previous trial, not alliance, didnt have a large tank drain, so the only way to drain was with the small low point fitting.
I am wandering if the small drain valve is attached to the bottom of the tank or is it on the line running to the other plumbing in the unit?