• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

Washing Machine fit in closet (Avenue 32RLS)

Ocheske

We have a Avenue 32RLS and dealer installed Splendide WFL1300XD. Both washer and dryer do not go all the way to the side wall, there is about a 8” of wasted space because the bottom of the front wall comes out at a 70 degree angle stopping the appliance from going further back. Has anyone modified the space to maximize all of the closet space? TIA

No modifications needed keep in mind they take up a lot of space
Thanks! My wife and I are full timing and we are looking to upgrade with the 32RLS. How do you like it? I am worried about how the washer and dryer setup being on both sides and figure you a lose a lot of space in the closet. How are those Splendid washer and dryer doin? Sorry for all the questions and appreciate the answers.

Ryan

Ocheske

Ryan,
Our unit is 16 months old and we are living full time in ours right now (7 months in) and so far so good. Minor issues which Alliance support has taken care of, but make sure you address everything in the first year! Our biggest warranty issues were the main awning pulling away from the coach, spare tire access hole in skirt was misaligned with the mechanism to lower spare, and access play in the area around the kingpin.

As for the washing machine (16 months old) we are currently working with Westland Sales (makers of Splendie) to correct a power fault issue. Of course we are 4 months out of the 1 year warranty but their customer service has been great. So far I have replaced a power module which didn't fix it so they are sending me a motor and another module and I have to pay shipping. Hopefully it will fix the issue. When it works it is great to have. I have added a tripod under the kingpin to help alleviate some of the shaking. No issues with dryer. Make sure you register for the warranties. Hope this helps.

Ryan,
Our unit is 16 months old and we are living full time in ours right now (7 months in) and so far so good. Minor issues which Alliance support has taken care of, but make sure you address everything in the first year! Our biggest warranty issues were the main awning pulling away from the coach, spare tire access hole in skirt was misaligned with the mechanism to lower spare, and access play in the area around the kingpin.

As for the washing machine (16 months old) we are currently working with Westland Sales (makers of Splendie) to correct a power fault issue. Of course we are 4 months out of the 1 year warranty but their customer service has been great. So far I have replaced a power module which didn't fix it so they are sending me a motor and another module and I have to pay shipping. Hopefully it will fix the issue. When it works it is great to have. I have added a tripod under the kingpin to help alleviate some of the shaking. No issues with dryer. Make sure you register for the warranties. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply! Yes it all helps.

Do the cloths hang in your way, I assume you have a the washer and dryer on opposite sides like they set them up. My wife is worried it will only be useful for washer/dryer and that's it. Do you put he hanging cloths on the bed when you are using them?

I am thinking of switching pin boxs anyway to a reese goosebox but I will still make sure everything is torqued right.

We are used to the annoyance of a brand new RV with having things non-working or issues even though brand new. We have a Venture Sporttrek made by KZ that we bought brand new in 2021. We have lived in this about 2 1/2 yrs and have felt the brand was good. We have heard so many other horror stories of Grand Design, Jayco, Forest River. We like Alliance's customer service attention to detail. Obviously no RV manufacter seems to be perfect. So it's good to hear from another full timer in that RV. Is yours a 2022.or 2023 model?

Thanks again,

Ryan

Ocheske

We have a 2022. My wife removes some of the hanging clothes when doing laundry for ease of transferring to the dryer.

NYCescapee

We don't know if we will purchase w/d for our 32rls. Laundromats can have a weeks worth of laundry done in an hour with their 4x load machines. Plus the added weight, noise, shaking and doing many 1/4 sized loads seems like more work than its worth.