• Click here to access some of the presentations made during the 2022 National Rally

VALOR 42V13 porch issues

Wildmanrs

I just purchased a 42v13 and porches specifically the side one sag very badly to the point of the gates will not operate .
I have seen some on the internet with jacks seam to be attached on the outside of the ramps .
Is this something that was missing from our coach as new ?

Focker

I just purchased a 42v13 and porches specifically the side one sag very badly to the point of the gates will not operate .
I have seen some on the internet with jacks seam to be attached on the outside of the ramps .
Is this something that was missing from our coach as new ?
The rear ramp had supports included in the first year Valors were produced because the steps came off the side. After the first year the steps were changed to coming off the rear of the ramp and the supports were no longer needed. I would speculate that if the ramp sags on one side the issue is one of the cables has stretched.

Wildmanrs

The rear ramp had supports included in the first year Valors were produced because the steps came off the side. After the first year the steps were changed to coming off the rear of the ramp and the supports were no longer needed. I would speculate that if the ramp sags on one side the issue is one of the cables has stretched.
the coach is brand new and it sags in the middle of the porch where the cables ar not the issue

MikenJJs Valor

Wildmanrs we have the same model and our side port bows when a couple of people are on it. I haven’t put any support underneath it. We don’t exit off that porch, mostly because the steps are just to much to haul around.

Focker

Wildmanrs we have the same model and our side port bows when a couple of people are on it. I haven’t put any support underneath it. We don’t exit off that porch, mostly because the steps are just to much to haul around.
I put my steps in the shed and have Neve used them either. I don't use the supports and my deck does not sag. This sounds like a defect from Lippert on these ramps.

We have a 42v13 and use the side porch and steps quite often. We have found that when the side steps are installed on the proch they act as a support to help prevent the bowing in the center. Probably not the way it should be but it helps.

Mike in North Wales

Jim Belletti does run and monitor the forum, but he will ask you to contact customer support with your VIN and complaint. He will provide assistance and suggestions, but this is primarily for owners. Personal contact with customer support is always best. They're pretty responsive.